Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 20-05-2014

good stuff .. let's see how the 4k time-trial goes

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 21-05-2014

Hi Ed
Think the 4k will be a 10.5k race what ever the time is will accept and plan for the 22nd of june over to you mr ed sir.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 23-05-2014

enjoy .. we should be able to work something out from there

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 24-05-2014

Hi Ed
Well what can i say wanted to race in the morning but its a no go with the political situation at this time so its time to do a 4k time trial in the morning.14.28 was the last recording so hopefully i can push the time down.I will rest monday and start cycle tuesday so will be intouch when i have a time for you..ps seen a race in cambodia i fancy a shot at on the 15th as all thai races might be a problem at this time well that all for now going to get my head around an all out charge tommorrow on the 4k speak soon jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 24-05-2014

Hi Ed
Well to round things up i ran 40 mins easy this morning and decided to throw in the 4k this evening which went ok havent gone backward i am please to say but my legs where not ready for a time trial lol 14.18 today so 10 seconds up on last time least its out the way now and can get on cycle and hopefully gain some pace over to you regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 27-05-2014

Any thought please Ed?

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 27-05-2014

as per discussion on FB, let's have you starting the 2k session at 3.40 per k

we must focus on Day 5 to day 8 from Thursday

let's hope we move in the right direction with ease

cheers Jon

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-05-2014

Hi Ed,
thought i would type a few lines to how things are going..Ill cut to the chase and tell you that i didn't do the 2k reps which i am giving myself a talking too over lol.So i did the 1k reps which went ok but needed 90 seconds rest this morning they went like this 1 3.30
2 3.28
3 3.25
4 3.27
5 3.26
As you can see i only did 5 but i had enough by then to be honest think its ok seen as i am only just off build up as for the 2k reps i just cant get my head around them not good i know and missing out on a good session feels like the long run wears me out then just don't have the heart for it when the time comes still its not all bad the speed a bit off i guess but its early door i would say over to you sir.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 01-06-2014

Hi Ed
Just to ask about the 1k reps do you feel it best to range between 3.25 to 3.30 an add the 6th rep as last time only did 5 and try and axe the recover a bit thanks and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 01-06-2014

I would recommend starting at 3.40 per k .. Rest 60 seconds

after the first 2 move towards 3.30 per k

then the last 2 aim for 3.25

that should be a decent session

TheEd