Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 02-06-2014

Hi Ed
Thats worked out well by starting easy least i did the six as recommended and dare i say it back on track...fancy adding a few easy runs extra this week as my milage is crap so if that sounds ok with you ill lace um up regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 02-06-2014

good .. instead of mileage, rather focus on time on feet

look to run up to 1hr .. first 40 minutes keep pulse close to 145 .. then allow an increase of 10 bpm

look to be starting out at around 4.45 per k .. then easing into 4.30 to 4.20 per k

provide feedback from this

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 03-06-2014

Hi Ed
Thanks for your post and glad you approve the extra runs.I will keep it easy as you say. something feels good about the extra run its building my weak aerobic base up and can only think good of this thanks and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 04-06-2014

Hi Ed
Just wanted to give some feed back on extra training..Firstly i started out doing a 40 min easy run as to not over cook things.I feel at this stag once every 3 to 4 days a extra 40 mins to an hour will be enough as i will be racing next weekend.I am unsure how to play next week.What i would also say is that most of my running is done on trails so the pulse can elevate quite quickly with the terrain.So The heart rate is difficult to keep in the zone of 4.45 per k coming down to 4.40 and 4.30 thats all ive got at this stage but can say i feel tired and look forward to a rest tommorrow regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 07-06-2014

Hi Ed
Few lines on the 5k pace run which with all best intent was going to be done early morning as i slept in i had to brave the heat 30f well started out slow at 3.50 per k and held it there really was hard in the heat so only ran 19.06 for the 5k sure i will get something from this..lesson learned get up when the alarm goes off or run slow easy as that really.speak soon regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 07-06-2014

Jon, do you have a heart rate monitor?

heat is a killer

look after yourself

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 07-06-2014

Hi Ed
Yes i have a heart rate monitor i use it on my easy runs and long runs mainly.i dont usual run fast with it as its a distraction my resting pulse is 38bpm and max out at 182bpm if this helps regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 08-06-2014

any chance I may have some feedback of heart rate from your easy runs, please?

Thanks TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 08-06-2014

Hi Ed
Yes i have a heart rate monitor and use it quite often.So going into race week next week and a nice test on sunday..

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 08-06-2014

Hi Ed
My heart rates on the easy run off road are 140 to 150 towards the end of the run its not easy terrain and hot so usual stay around 4.50 per k and a bit quicker on the slopes hooe this helps..ps can i ask what your thinking please regards jon.