Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 10-06-2014

Hi Ed
Just a few lines to say all the hard work is done now and see how things go sunday plan to start steady and build on the pace as for running a time well 37.30 would be start but time will tell.Will update sunday regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 11-06-2014

18:45 to 19:00 first 5k would be a safe bet, but then that depends on the course?

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 11-06-2014

Thanks Ed
I put in an extra rest day today will do the 10k easy tommorrow followed by the 6x1 min friday rest and travel saturday and see what ive got sunday will post again as soon as ive got a time to give you..Hopefully a bit cooler also which will help.Anyhow game on and more to follow regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 12-06-2014

Hi Ed
Thanks for your post on the 5k times.I went out this morning after taking wednesday off as a rest.I was very sluggish and tired maybe put too much in on the 400s which i did tuesday.I hope i can get myself together now for sunday i know there has been plenty of good training done and one bad run after a rest is nothing to go off.speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 15-06-2014

Hi Ed
Wanted to give you a race update from this morning..Was pleased to run 36.04 this morning i worked hard and struggled around 7 and 8 k and gathered myself towards the end to finish in 4th over all which is great at this stage as ive only done one cycle..I will look to race again around the 6th of july or 29th of june if i have to go to work..All in all things moving in the right direction thanks and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 15-06-2014

Hi Ed
Hows it going? Just a bit of race feedback for you i went off a bit fast going through the 1k in 3.23 and 4k in 13.45 5k 17.34 at this point was still in with a sniff but i tired between 6 to 8k and got myself together again afterwards to finish in 36.04 was happy with it and a stiff race seems to have jumped me forward after only one cycle game on i would say with thanks and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 16-06-2014

very nice going Jon .. considering the lack of training (as such) you must feel confident that the training cycle can indeed work for you

so a lot of positives

the only way is up

Smile

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 16-06-2014

Hi Ed
I think the cycle is working very well.I can see the jump forward by just taking my time and doing the correct training so thanks for that.Going to start the next cycle content that everything has its place on the program just roll through it and let the seeds grow...thanks and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 17-06-2014

great going Jon

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 18-06-2014

Hi Ed
Had a rest monday and two easy 45 min shuffles tuesday and wednesday morning still feeling tired from last sunday but thats how it is..Just to recap will do the 2x2k and 4x1 k tommorrow hopefully i will have recovered enough to make it a good session will post again to let you know how it went regards jon.