Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-06-2014

Hi Ed
Wanted to ask your thought on this week its pritty clear that i havent recovered from last sundays race.I missed the speed work thursday and took a rest and ran this morning at a recovery jog 35 mins and still felt bad.What i would ask whats best to do for the rest of this week i would guess at 45 mins easy tommorrow or rest and maybe 1 hour easy sunday.I felt like this back early this year when the race sucked the life out of me for a week after so not too worried.Over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 20-06-2014

don't panic when this happens, it sometimes takes longer

have a relaxed 1hr run on Saturday, keep the pulse as close to 140 as possible, even if it is a 'doddle'

chat soon

TheEd

Hi Ed
Thanks for your quick response.like i was saying before its not the first time this has happened will go nice and easy in the morning.Not sure if i will race next weekend or the 6th of july depends on work really.After my next race i think it might be good to do a six week build up and get my base built up thinking this might be the issue why it takes so long to recover still feeling happy about things and let it all unfold thanks and regards jon.

it takes longer to recover due to less aerobic, however, you have had a good race last weekend, so look at the positives, don't get caught up in the whole 6 week base story etc .. rather 2 week build-up, some training and race and return to a 2 week build-up, as the main problem is achieving consistency due to work commitments

cheers

TheEd

Thanks Ed,
that's great what would you recommend for Sunday if i pull round a bit maybe a 3x2k or would you keep it easy still.Very pleased with last week result and not really worried about been tired least it shows the effort went into the race..As for the build ups glad you told me two weeks because as we know i turn to mulch quickly without the pace runs going in etc..thanks and regards jon.Wink

no fast running over the weekend

consider doing a a light paced 8k on Sunday

seriously, paced at the moment is 4 minutes per k

you truthfully get more benefits from that than running quicker, it stimulates regeneration and adds to you

be relaxed on this, nothing to be gained running quicker right now, the last time this produced a negative effect and it knocked you back

stay in the good space for now and now that the body can still produce

onwards and enjoy the weekend

TheEd
ps.. we are more likely away for weekend with minimal or no access

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-06-2014

Hi Ed
Thanks alot for the threads over the weekend i did the 1hr easy on the trails and kept at 140bpm. Sunday morning i did 20 mins warm up the 20 mins@4 mins per k so 20 min 5k.I didnt go on as i am worried that i am over cooking it like you told me need to get myself back together not over tax my system.My thought now are too plan for next weekend race the nice part is there is a 5k and a 10.5k on at the same venue so if i am struggling this week 5k might be an option.Think the world of work is coming so its back to the treadmill and base phase i would say.Thats all for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 22-06-2014

do a little session on Tuesday and see how you feel after it

so if you are to do a session Tuesday in prep, what would you do, and what would be your REST period

cheers TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 23-06-2014

Hi Ed,
will go with 4x1 k as spoken about before with nice recovery's. Think all will be good on SundaySmile got a little feeling about that.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 27-06-2014

Hi Ed
Jusy wanted to round up about this weeks training leading up to racing sunday.Its been a mixed bag this week up till thursday where i made my self take a rest day.was a tough day on the head yestoday but glad i did it as i did the 6x1 min this morning felt great and didnt want to stop.I will go for a 20 min jog saturday morning then travel to bangkok.The race is 6am so its best to stay in a hotel near the race.I have given myself a talking too and will go easy for the first 1k as it probley cost me 30 seconds on the last race.thats all ive got for you at this point will let the running do the talking regards and have a nice weekend jon.