Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 27-06-2014

have a good one Jon, it will all come good

enjoy

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 27-06-2014

Thanks Ed
Will update sunday with times etc regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 27-06-2014

To put things in perspective, when relating to MrsDuck and her running .. In May, she ran a PB of 39:31 for 10k. First time under 40 minutes.

She has then increased the longest distance she has run in trail events

On Saturday, she will be racing a 10k .. I shall be happy with a sub 42 minute 10k

2 weeks after that we will look towards another 10k race (not accurate course, as it will be long)

after that we shall focus on bringing her 5k time as close to 18:30 as possible, fastest in 2014 is 19:20 odd

what I am trying to show, is to vary the goals, so that it is not all intense and measured only in one area, it allows for progress and keeps the mind fresh and the intensity at a level that is enjoyable

I am mentioning this, so that you vary your goals and set achievable short-goals while making progress long-term

thus maintaining the positive energy along the way

hope this helps

enjoy

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-06-2014

Hi Ed
Well what can i say apart from thanks improvement is there clocking 35.42 wish i had found abit more from 7 to 9k but this is where i seem to struggle.But all in all things moving forward so very please how things are going.Thanks and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 29-06-2014

nice going Jon .. always nice to show progress

now we have tom plan around the work routine and hopefully the blocks built will allow for some good sessions

TheEd
ps.. congrats

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-06-2014

Thanks Ed
Not sure how to go about this.I know we said two week build up and then cycle and onwards like that.I will be away 60 days so should be good to train and build my areobic base ready for climates in the uk.The race to was well balanced giving me 2nd place in the age group an top 10 overall which i was happy about.Its going in the right direction and want to keep myself in the right mind set of getting in the right training ans development.Thanks again for your help regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 29-06-2014

between 7 and 9 is speed endurance which is gathered via the 5 x 2k session

it is not aerobic per say

there is no reason to go backwards with the work and the various aspects that come with it, we simply need to find balance

natural ability is what gets results

getting the athlete to the line in a positive and physical state is what leads to results

on we go

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 30-06-2014

Hi Ed
I read your thread about mrs duck and i understand what your saying about moving the focus around.I would like to do a 5k a week on saturday if work does not reel me back before the 12th july.This week i will do easy recovery runs up to thursday and then all been fit and recovered have a go at 2x2k and 4x1 k at 3.50 for the 2k reps and 3.40 for the 1k reps.Its clear that this type of session is what i need and a 90 min long run on sunday.Like ive mentioned before i know where my weak spot is now and can work on it..The nice feeling about all of this is ive been there before so i know there is no reason why i cant get back up there..time v patience.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 01-07-2014

Hi Ed
Looks like i will be home a little while longer so looking good to get another race in.Not sure which distance as yet as there is a few too go at 5k 10k 12.5k options are good things and would be nice to get a low 35 mins for 10k think i can do this in a few weeks time..Plan some 2k reps in the meantime all good over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 02-07-2014

Hi Ed
Thinking that i might go for a 5k next which is a week on saturday.Pattaya has a major even on the 27th which is right on my door step.I figure that the 5k will leave me in a better place than the 12k in terms of recovering and nice to lead me on to pattaya quarter marathon.recovered a bit quicker this week and ready to hit the reps again.Thats all for now regards jon.