Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-07-2014

Thanks Ed,
will go for it and hopefully bring the times down to 3.35 on the 2ks and 3.20 on the 1k reps..will update when the deed is done thanks again.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 18-07-2014

Morning Ed,
ran 4x1k this morning at 3.30 per k i was never going to manage 8k in the heat with all best intent i knew i could not do it.Afterwards i stretch off and had a few strong thoughts about failing to do the session.I realize now i have done myself a favor by not doing it and took a light session in its place. That said no bad thing and feel strangely content that its all OK...Where was everyone else this morning? tucked up in bed probable!!made me realize why i still love running easy day tomorrow and getting closer to race week.. :whistle:

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 18-07-2014

we will get there Wink

be kind to yourself

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 19-07-2014

Hi Ed,
Thanks going to skip the 5k tommorrow for 1 hour easy feeling tired and need an easy run i think.Next week been race week best i get the feel go factor going next week.Big effort coming up next week so probley do the 400s this week to get some zip in my legs speak soon have a great weekend jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 19-07-2014

rather do the 3 x 5 minutes @ 'predicted' race pace with Rest 2 to 3 minutes in-between on Tuesday

then shuffle things round and roll down to the event

2 days before .. 6 x 1min f/s as per usual

cheers

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 21-07-2014

Hi ED,
thanks for your post winding things down now and having a rest today feel as though the hard work is done and will do the sessions you recommend leading up to Sunday.Undulating course which is good for me i like that sort of course.Big field so plenty of hard competition to push me on.Was pleased to see a few of my rivals race 12.5k yesterday feeling a slight edge over these actions speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 21-07-2014

have a good week Jon

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-07-2014

Hi Ed,
Had a bit of a nightmare this morning set out to run 3x5 mins @10k pace but failed badly.I decided to make them mile reps and try to run 5.40-5.45 for the mile first was 5.55 and second was 6.03 realised things where not happening so jogged back 10 mins as a cool down and actually walked a little also.Hope this is one of those days..thinking i might throw in an extra rest day nothing to gain at this point i think..over to you good sir..

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 22-07-2014

Jon .. do you use a heart rate monitor?

if so, what is your HR when running at 3.50 per k on the 2k session for example

what are the heart rates you work at?

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-07-2014

Hi Ed,
I only use the heart rate monitor on my long runs and easy runs, however I did use the monitor on the 1 mile reps today I was up to 173bpm on the mile reps and back down to 130 bpm on the rest recovery. Could I ask what your thinking please? I suspect that the heat boiled me up and led to not hitting the times set. Thanks and regards jon.