Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 23-07-2014

Hi Ed,
Think I will put a rest day in Thursday Friday 6x1 min sat jog 20 mins race Sunday. Not feeling great but wont let that get in the way of a great race.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 25-07-2014

Hi ED,
just a few lines to say that I think I am ready for Sunday been a hard mental battle felt tired and off the boil sleep a lot eat well and done everything that I know to help myself. Wondered what your thought where on heart rate?? Think next week will be an easy week and a bit of a chill out as I will be off to work around 6th to 12th august. So will close there and keep my head together for a big effort Sunday. Speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 25-07-2014

relax up on yourself and things should be fine for the event

enjoy

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 25-07-2014

Thanks Ed,
Your right been pritty tense about things lets see how we go regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 27-07-2014

Hi Ed,
Just a few lines to say i think everything went well just as you said it would.The course was quiet hard and the weather was hot.just waiting for the results to be confirmed but the wife tells me i was 9th to 12th place overall which i am happy about..The distance is another matter so cant say for sure what i did for 10.550k plus plus.I went through 5k at 17.18 which felt fine and good only to finish in 40 mins..didnt blow up and worked very hard to stay on the pace.my feeling is its 11.550k or more but until ive messured it myself cant give exact times.Think personally i just nipped under 35 for the 10k but will await until i can say for sure.Thanks again and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 27-07-2014

considering how you felt during the week, this is a great result

well done

enjoy and till we chat again

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 28-07-2014

Hi Ed,
Thanks for your post and comments.I think i was lucky to hold it together actually after a number of issues through the week.The results say i was 24th overall and 10th in my age group.Time was 40.44 but as said before distance is anybodys guess.I went out and did a recovery run this morning and taking it easy this week.Might squeeze a race in before i go back to work but not too fussed if i dont.What i am gearing my mind up too is what training to do while away this time for 60 days or so..speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 31-07-2014

Hi Ed,
Just to say i went back on cycle as i havent been able to speak to you as yet.I did 80 mins easy this moring ave 145 to 150 bpm felt quite good so looks like the 2k reps saturday regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 01-08-2014

Hi Jon, any reason you couldn't do the 2k session on Thursday

for the future, see if you able to have Day 3 on a Thursday, the 5 x 2k session

other than that, hope all well your side

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 01-08-2014

Hi Ed,
Thanks for your post just to say that after the two easy days after the race and a long run and Thursday been a 30 min run.It puts me on to Friday to do the 5x2 k if i was to follow the program..Thinking to try and hit 3.40 per k in the morning but we will see my focus is just to finish it.regards jon.