Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 03-08-2014

Hi Ed,
Just a few lines to say i ran 6k just under 4 mins per k this morning as a 12k race cropped up next weekend.I figured a steady run would help more than busting a gut on 2k reps.felt like a good session so see what next week brings regards jon.23.52 for the 6k with plenty in the tank regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 03-08-2014

grand Jon ........

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 04-08-2014

Hi Ed,
Glad you approve of the steady run.Just waiting on a date to start work so not really wanting to train to hard.After this next race i want to take a break for a week or so then go on say a two week build up before returning to cycle.My next goal event is october so would like to be in good shape for that.All for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 06-08-2014

here's to working forward

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 08-08-2014

Hi Ed,
slight change in my plan.I will now ran on the 12th so got to juggle the training around again.I will do the 6x1 min Sunday morning to set me up for Tuesday.Got a nice race to look forward too local and well organized so best i give it a go traveling is always a hassle this has worked out well 10.5k Afterwards i will go on a break then two to three build up and roll forward from there as ive had 3 months on cycle.speak soon and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 08-08-2014

looking forward to your feedback

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 11-08-2014

Hi Ed,
Just to say i think i am ready for tommorrow very relaxed and feel much better than two weeks ago.will update after the race regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 12-08-2014

Hi ED,
Very pleased this morning everything felt good.Got off to a good start nice and controlled running everything went well.Was happy to stay 10 seconds behind the lead group one by one the came back landing me in 6th place overall and 2nd in the age group cant ask for more than that..Big Grin

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 12-08-2014

well done Jon .. makes great reading

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 12-08-2014

Thanks ED,
Nice to be happy and chilled out about things.should i move over to a few week build up now? Regards jon.forgot to mention my time was 38.52 for the race but not worried distance looks a bit out.