Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 27-08-2014

Hi Ed,
just a few lines to say since Sunday I've been forced to rest up with swelling on my right big toe joint. I managed 1.15 on my mountain bike this morning as running is not an option at present. So hopefully be good to go by the weekend, quite enjoyed the change to be honest regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 27-08-2014

you should recover relatively quickly .. hopefully

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-08-2014

Hi Ed,
just to say I managed a 45 min easy run this morning so happy about that, really don't know what happened to my foot but all settling down now. So will go 1hour @140 bpm in the morning, maybe the two days off rest has done me good anyway feel fresh regards jon.:p

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 31-08-2014

how are things now Jon

hope all coming along well

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 31-08-2014

Hi ED,
moving along nice with the build up after a few days off as spoke of in the week. So I am back to 1hour runs and rolling through the program. Due to work now around the 15th so that's not too far away now. I feel as though I should put in a 4k time trial shortly despite racing last weekend so not sure when best too slot that in.. Just so happens I measured out my usual 4k route to check how accurate it is found out its 4.1k so feel as though I've been loosing a bit of time there. Still feeling fresh and positive about cooler climates on the way and dare I say it some good races ahead, all for now regards jon.ps I am keeping the heart rate around 140 bpm and yes feel myself going quicker at the same heart rate.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 01-09-2014

Hi ED,
just a few extra notes with regards to distance. Well I've been back to my 2k loop measured it over and over again. Seem that who ever sprayed the markers in the first place was out. So it means for the last few years I've been over distance by 100 meters every 1k.no wonder I was struggling with the reps to make the times. Its put a new spin on things totally. Last race I didn't mention to you I went through 5k in 15.41 and 10k in 32.32 because I felt it was wrong. How ever I've asked around and got better measurement considering I finished the 11.7k race in 46.30 After the 10k mark it took me 14 mins to run 1.7k ha ha never in a million years. So all in all looking forward to running a fair and square 4k time trial regards jon.:mmm:

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 01-09-2014

seems like you having fun Wink

you in a happy space with your running just now then?

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 01-09-2014

Hi ED,
Yes everythings coming together and feel that good things are coming.Enjoying the running and letting the process take its course.:laugh:

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 02-09-2014

good to hear ... long may it continue

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 02-09-2014

Think to be fair it's easy to stay happy in build up as it's straight forward.cycle is another story tho.