Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 29-09-2014

looking forward to the 4k report back Big Grin

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-09-2014

Hi ED
managed to hang on too 14 mins so lost a bit but not so bad.The 2k reps will be the test..3.40 per k then and 3.30 for the 1k reps.game on.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 01-10-2014

Hi ED,
just a few lines to say there is a 12k race next weekend that i would like to go too i know it goes against the grain of the cycle but feel it would be a good training run.Thinking of doing 2x2k and 4x1k friday as i am resting today feeling the pinch of running the 4k time trial my old legs are in shock..none the less happy to be back doing so quality work outs regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 09-10-2014

Hi ED,
Just wanted to ask about race pace for sunday it's 12k so i figure about 3.40 per k and try to push on at say 6k onwards.Having a light week of training this week 6x1 min tommorrow and hopefully a good one on sunday regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 09-10-2014

is everything OK now Jon?

hopefully you coming back to a feeling of normality Big Grin

on we go

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 10-10-2014

Hi Ed,
I will tell you better after Sunday how things are i feel stronger for sure.But want to run the race and know where I am at before really saying how things are moving on.Its only a test race so not worried. Running well over the cycle is where my head is at present so will post again Sunday with a better picture..regards jon..

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 10-10-2014

enjoy Jon

take care

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 13-10-2014

Hi ED,
Just to say things are good with the training and re focus to racing 30th november 10k just going to do what i can for the next two weeks and follow up with a time trial all for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 13-10-2014

great stuff Jon .. you are allowed to mention that you have run a race and finished 2nd Wink

cheers TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 14-10-2014

Hi ED,
Just to say still in the process of getting over the race Sunday.Will look to do some quality Thursday or Friday.will be leaving on the 20th so going to keep it easy this week.Next week will be a tricky week but can't be helped.All in all happy to keep moving forward and plan to race 30th November all coming together nice.