Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 10-11-2014

let's hope it works out for you .. I think your personality demands it however we must keep you positive

on we go

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 11-11-2014

Hi ED,
Yes your right again i know how stubbon i can be but have learn alot from you in the last few years going to keep in a happy place 6x1k in the morning.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 13-11-2014

Hi ED,
few lines just to say I had a set back yesterday I woke up to a stomach bug which felled any ideas of 1k reps feeling a bit better today might do 30 mins easy or rest and plan to do some quality over the weekend nothing to gain by taxing my body even further at this point speak soon jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 16-11-2014

Hi ED,
Well glad to put that week behind me not so good on the training front with illness and super tight hamstrings.Anyhow will try and get back on cycle next week and go from there really maybe race at the end of the month as planned regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 17-11-2014

Jon, train on the sub 35 minute schedule, don't do the extra quality

get results off less before looking to up the ante

on we go

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-11-2014

Hi ED,
yes will keep it at sub 35 had a bit of physiotherapy this morning so hopefully the tightness in my glute will settle down can still run but its a pain in the bum as they say.:laugh:

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 18-11-2014

Hi ED,
just to say will be keeping things tame until the end of the month would really like to do the race on the 30th then take a break for a week or so and start a build up found myself in that weird zone again so a step back might be good thing. Will be nice to drink a few beers and see some friends been along time since I have done any of that. Reasons why I want to race on the 30th is potentially I am looking to get my 50th podium finish in Thailand so would mean a lot if I can do it! Yes my glutes a slight problem and I am reducing the training and resting also and been careful. so 12 days to go hope I can pull this off over to you Ed

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 18-11-2014

here's hoping it all clears up .. often difficult to let go of old and bad habits that kill natural ability

we will get there Wink

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-11-2014

Hi Ed,
Just a short update really running pain free again will keep the rest of this week easy and hopefully put myself in line to run the last week of cycle.All for now been really careful regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 26-11-2014

Hi ED,
Looks like sunday will be a go for me running without any pain now.I tested the waters this morning by running 2×1 k this morning just to feel how things where.Felt a bit stiff but ok.I will do the 6x1 min friday just to keep things ticking over.My body feels good dispite the niggles.Feel very happy to be 3.5kg lighter and feel fresh.Just hope i can have a good race on sunday as there has been plenty of good training gone in.speak soon and regards jon.