Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-01-2015

Hi ED,
wanted to post a few lines as I planned a 4k time trial things didn't quiet go to plan due to a very strong head wind as my 4k route is an out and back it wasn't going to be too good so I ran 5x2 k not a typo yes I did it very pleased to say which looks like this 1.7.25 head wind
2.7.08 tail wind
3.7.23 head wind
4.7.12 tail wind
5.7.22 Head wind
so as you can see I made it first time ever and very pleased with it I might add. Think I will roll through the cycle as planned and let the race on the 1st be the time trial its going very well and 5kg lighter lovely rest tomorrow or an easy 40 mins speak soon regards jon.Big Grin

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 17-01-2015

5kg lighter should account for great running Wink

on we go

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-01-2015

Thanks ED,
starting to look skinny now 71kg will drop another kg no problem at all strange how my body just shedded the weight no effort or diet involved very pleased with it.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 19-01-2015

still lighter after that meal Wink

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 19-01-2015

Hi ED,
yes still holding the weight down I ran 1hour 35 yesterday felt good really feel as though this cycle is going well see what happens on the 6x1k but as we all know a runner is not made on one session alone speak soon regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-01-2015

Hi ED,
Got a slight situation with the cycle i am on day 6 at present and wont race until the 8th of feb now due to the registration been closed on the race i wanted to do.Not sure how to play this now but will run day 7 in the morning and go from there regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-01-2015

Hi ED,
Slotted in a 30 min tempo run this morning nice and control 8k in 30.26 was quite pleased and cruised along well.plan to run the 6x1k on the 26th now as i wont be racing until the 8th all in all going well regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 22-01-2015

Jon, I know you know this, however Wink

Day 3 to day 5 is the strength of the program

do those sessions, once you have done Day 8, then you can throw paced runs in etc

the core is the 2k . long run . 1k sessions

onwards and enjoy

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-01-2015

Thanks ED,
Will do the 6x1k Monday just needed to pad the extra week out prior to the race should be on track again so yes was just an extra session to help but things are going very well 40 mins easy friday followed by 1 hour and a rest so its all pulled back in line.Very pleased i can run 30 min 8k without too much effort a bench mark indeed.regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 26-01-2015

Hi ED,
had a good start to the day I did the 1k reps actually I ran 5x1k and felt pretty good through out the session good control running and making the best of the cooler climate. This is how they went.
sorry I didn't man up for the last rep could do with someone to kick me up the bum to do it hard to train on your own at times never the less pleased with that. Will update after the 5k pace run over the weekend regards jon.