Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 28-01-2015

Hi ED,
Just a short question about the 5k pace run i am to do next.Without over thinking things and disjointing the session would you deem it best to run at race pace for 10k or go harder and try for say 3.20 per k as i can see advantages with both angles.Thanks and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 28-01-2015

if you running a 10k race or an event the following week then the paced run would be at projected race pace

however, if there is no race, then you may feel good on the day of the paced run and you can go for it

(a 2nd however) if you go out too fast and blow up, you defeat the whole objective and development of the cycle

so go out at a controlled pace and finish off stronger

on we go

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 30-01-2015

Hi ED,
ran the 5k pace run this morning as planned 17.15 nice and controlled as pace started out at 3.30 for the first 1k and speeded up a little was good and felt ok. What I would ask is it best for me to do the 400s next or something longer at race pace regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 02-02-2015

stick to the 3 x 5minutes @ race pace with the easy 2 minutes in-between

focus on form and maintaining pace while relaxing at speed

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 02-02-2015

Thank ED,
I was thinking this was the session to go for will keep it at 3.30 per k and take two mins rest. I had a rest day today as I felt pretty tired from all the good training. Will do the 3x5 mins tomorrow as I do plan too have two rest days this week the next been Saturday traveling etc.I think its all in there now just hope the weather stays cool and the course is accurate and flat time will tell but looking forward too it all the same regards and thanks jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 03-02-2015

Hi ED,
good little session this morning started out a bit sluggish but got on pace and felt fine looking forward to Sunday now to test out the good work regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 03-02-2015

good to hear, don't test yourself before race day

rely on the mind to kick in on race day and on we go

enjoy

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 04-02-2015

Thank ED,
Ran an easy 40 mins this morning and got my mind into sunday the training has been great and will type a few lines after the race.Feeling relaxed and in a good place regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 05-02-2015

all well your side?

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 06-02-2015

Hi ED,
Ready to go rest day saturday and travel so hopefully let the good training fly sunday morning.I am guessing around 35.30 anything better is a bonus but feel after another 3 week cycle will be really ready to hit sub 35.All for now times to follow regards jon.:yes: