Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 13-03-2015

Thanks ED
At a glance maybe the sub 33 program might be the ticket but i am taking into account what your saying about killing my running off.The training clearly works well just need to workout my 1k and 2k reps now and go from there.Good to be home and running free speak soon jon.will email.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 15-03-2015

Hi Ed,
just to round up on the training and thoughts over the weekend i ran a 35 min recovery run yesterday and 1hr easy this morning max Bpm was 153 and averaged at 140 Bpm.I will rest tomorrow so that i go into cycle feeling fresh.Now that i came back to earth after the time trial i think i will look for 3.25per k over the 2k reps as this has been a weakness in the past and its getting hotter.reaching too far is going to have a negative effect i feel despite a decent time trial i will keep it real.For the 1k reps 3.12-3.15 maybe OK? Don't want to over think things so will wait to see what you think.Heat is going to be a factor again so i figure staying at sub 35 pace would be OK for the first cycle and see what fruits bare after a race.Over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-03-2015

Hi Ed,
looks like I am stopped in my tracks for now had some shock wave treatment and ultra sound my foot is raw to say the least. Hopefully get in the pool for some aqua jogging but not at the moment I cant bare weight on the foot all for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 25-03-2015

Hi Ed,
just a few lines to say I am recovering fast from my foot problem. Will hold off any training running wise until the end of the month. I will be going to work Sunday in Brunei but have been assured there is an excellent gym for me to use so its all going to be treadmills as of next week. Think if I take an easy week of running and see how things feel from there still early doors as yet and only just starting to walk so will stick to cross training in the mean time all for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 31-03-2015

Hi Ed,
Just wanted to say got running on the treadmill and i think it would be wise to do a six week build up now. After the foot problem great to be back training toward august.over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 06-04-2015

Hi ED,
just to say rolling through the build up nicely no foot problems.Just a short question about the 5x8 mins at 75% is this heart rate or effort you would recomend?All for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 07-04-2015

see if you can balance it, the pulse should hover around 155 to 160 for at least 6 minutes of the 8 minutes

or have yourself running @ 3.50 to 4.00 minutes per k and see if the two correlate

pulse at that pace

hope that helps

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 13-04-2015

Hi ED,
just wanted to say i did the 5x8 mins today started out at 3.50 per k which was 160 bpm towards the end i was at 168 bpm at 4mins per k the gym was quiet hot so maybe thats why my plus was up.All in all a good session but i know ive lost a bit of speed but wont worry about that will keep plugging away at the build up and see what the 4k time trial brings later all for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 13-04-2015

nice to be able to get the session in, so all good

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 18-04-2015

Hi ED,
I think things are coming together well just rolling through the build up and a 4k time trial to look forward too next week will post again when i know how much ive slowed down by but not to worry its all part of the plan regards jon.WinkWink