Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 15-05-2015

Hi ED,
Just wanted to say i will run the 5k as its crazy hot and will probley lead to a disapointing time over 10k so at least i can go for it at half the distance and take the time to work on when i start my 3 week cycle next week regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-05-2015

Hi ED,
just a few lines to say I ran a 5k yes today in 17.30 nice and controlled and plenty left at the finish. Its very hot so I just went for the 3.30 per k cant help but wonder what I can really run in cooler weather the fitness is coming on nice now. was 30c at 6 pm last night when I did it so feeling pleased with it all. All for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 18-05-2015

nice Jon, what are your plans for the masters events

going to give it a go?

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 19-05-2015

Hi ED,
I would think the 8k cross country and the 5k on track or the 10k really.Just started cycle this morning 1hour 15 was hard in the heat but that what ive got to deal with so best get on with it regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-05-2015

Hi ED,
wanted to put this out there as I have a bit of a bee in my bonnet about the world masters running in France this year. Sadly I have done a 180 on myself with what I have learned over a short period of time. When I first saw the world masters via British masters I thought it was my cue to compete with athletes at my age group from other country's which would be great. How ever as I became more involved I came to learn that your suppose to run for your country without any selection process at all. There for you pay your money and you can run. Its probably very flattering for some athletes to go buy a GB squad kit what there selling and run in a make belief story that you are actually running for your country! It feels like a Walter mitty attempt to impress your friends and family how good you are without earning the vest. I just don't feel I can be apart of that some how its a nice gesture but one that does not sit so well with me. All for now regards jon.:p

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 20-05-2015

OK, I was thinking more of the competition Wink

on we go

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-05-2015

Hi ED,
going to brave the heat Sunday morning 10.5k in Bangkok will update how we go over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 22-05-2015

hope it goes well

enjoy

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 24-05-2015

Hi Ed,
Thinking that went well it was not fast but got through it ok which is great 39 mins for 10.5k so moving on to 3 week cycle after a few easy days and plan supersport 8k or 10 miles on the 14th if i dont go back to work first.over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 27-05-2015

Hi ED,
back on the 3 week cycle now until I race on the 14th June 5miles in Bangkok. Just a quick question for you is there any need to change the training as its only 8k race next. I thought it best to try and run 3.25 per k on the 2k reps and closer to 3.15 for the 1k reps all for now regards jon.