Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 27-05-2015

congrats on the weekend result

everything coming in place, until you have to do your next work placement?

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 27-05-2015

Thanks ED,
will be home another month or so as there is a bit of a delay. I will run a 5 mile race on the 14th June now which works out well as I have just started the 3 week cycle. Felt as though I recovered better must be down to the build up and aerobic improvement. Still was struggling around the 7k mark in the race but maybe went off a bit too fast or the heat might have done it f really looking forward to the next race and sticking with the training regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 28-05-2015

the heat will definitely have an impact

good to feel you in positive mode

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 28-05-2015

Thanks ED,
Was a struggle on the semi long run i turned in after 75 mins so look to get the 90 mins in as i get to it.My 30 mins easy will be 1 hour tommorrow then on to 2k reps Thinking 3.30 to 3.35 in this heat will be enough.All for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 30-05-2015

Hi ED,
just a few lines to say I am going to change out the 2k reps again for an 8k race which I will run at 3.40 to 3.45 per k no faster. The heat is just to much to put in a big session on your own so using people around me to pull me along the way. Its not ideal but least I will get a good honest tempo out of it an leave me in a better mind set than failing the 5x2 which is very realistic. Will roll through the cycle I think the 1k reps are doable and again the 5k pace run will be a struggle. Anything around 30 mins for this race Training run will be fine. Feeling like I am turning a negative into a positive so I go run it and let you know how it went. Least it will serve as a time trial as well so all good as far as I can see regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 01-06-2015

Hi ED,
Dropped in a 27.20 8k this morning was alot better than my effort in bangkok last week.Just going to roll through the program and try to be in good shape for the 14th now all in all very pleased as it was 30° on the start line.Still need to work on the speed endurance started to fade around 6k but not enough to disrupt my race..All for now very pleased and relaxed and rolling forward regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 01-06-2015

nice going Jon .. you can consider doing the following for Thursday:

2 x 2k @ projected 10k pace with 2 minute easy in-between

followed by

4 x 1k @ 10 seconds per k quicker with 90 second Rest in-between

do ask questions

TheEd

Thanks ED,
would you say tomorrow easy 45-1hr then Wednesday say !hour easy then on to the 2x2k reps@ 10k pace that would be around 34.30 pace I guess not taking into account heat to keep it simple so 3.25 per k would be my take on it please correct me if it should be faster. As for the 1k reps would we be aiming for 3.15 per k ? think I will try and get say a 75 min run in as well if possible seems that's what's helping me along also. Thanks again for your help and advise will repost again toward the end of the week. For the meantime no more races scouts honor. Regards jon. Wink

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 01-06-2015

that should be fine, just be aware of fatigue, and even break your run into segments of 30 minutes, take a stop, stretch and relax for 2 or so minutes and then carry on with the run, so it doesn't become a season that tires you too much

the rest is longer on Thursday, do not start off fast, but rather run controlled and finish session feeling positive

onwards

TheEd

Thanks ED,
really enjoying this now thanks again looking forward to Thursdays session seem a lot more doable than the 5x2 k at this point. I keep telling myself not to get to intense but the race on the 14th is a big deal so hopefully just keep going in the right direction and will be aware of how tired I get. All good in the planning regards jon.