Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 20-06-2015

one day we will crack the 2k session Wink

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-06-2015

Hi Ed,
Well i agree there is a way to do it slow the efforts down but quality is as good as quantity in my mind.The heat is brutal to get through as spoke of it's just the same to race really same intensity.But things are going well so no complaints this side.Heat and fatigue together allways going to be hard..long run in the morning regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 21-06-2015

Hi ED,
Had to back off running today sore toe joint and feeling really tired.I think last weeks race took alot out of me.Will run 1hour easy in the morning if feeling ok.Think my body is telling me to go easy not 20 years old any more.:yes:

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-06-2015

Hi Ed,
Heading back to work on the 1st of july now.What i wanted to ask is it best to go on build up for july? Then roll through a cycle august ready to race september..i feel the easy runs really are working very well.Please advise regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 24-06-2015

Hi Ed,
I changed the 6x1 k with a 8k tempo run this morning running a nice pace of 3.40 per k to finish 29.30 reason been my foot was a bit sore and i did not want to give myself more problems by running fast.I will keep going until the end of the month before looking at a 4 week build up in July.As it stands will plan to race in the Uk now either the great Yorkshire run or another race where i can enjoy the cooler climates of the uk. Very happy with the training had some good returns from the training now off to work for a while earn some cash and look forward to more Improvment over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 24-06-2015

Jon, as long as you are in that good space and enjoy what you doing

it has been a good experience

travel well

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 25-06-2015

Hi Ed,
Yes staying in a good place is a big focus along with the training..will update again when i get into the build up regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 06-07-2015

HI ED,
Just to say i am rolling through the build up.I had a bit of a reaction with my right knee but seems ok now.Think i will stay on build up until the end of the month and post a 4k time at the end of the month.Nothing much more to add regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 06-07-2015

Hi Jon, saw the post in my email and was coming on, see you popped one in here as well

normally going onto the treadmill creates calf related problems and lower

so do monitor the knee and if necessary train every 2 nd day

hope all good

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 06-07-2015

HI ED,
Sorry about the double thread coming to you. I think my knee is ok now that i changed a few things.I added a bit of extra incline and change my shoes also.Will try the 40 to 50 minutes hill tommorrow and see if there is any reaction.I think the rolling action of the barge may have caused it as the weather is a bit ruff at present.Thanks again and regards jon.