Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 14-08-2015

Thanks Ed,
Will be done at work next week so happy to keep it easy till i get home..regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 16-08-2015

Hi Ed,
Just to say I am moving on to build up with intent of racing on the 20th September.All for now been very pleased regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-08-2015

Hi Ed,
Just wanted to round up by saying that i am coming back together quiet well.The jump from treadmill to real running has made me a bit sore but plenty of stretching and looking after myself will put that right.The time off has only made me ever keener.Should be home in a few days so making best us of hotel life and running around the park land near by..All for now regards jons.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 26-08-2015

Hi Ed,
As you know on the road to recovery after 3 weeks of no running only spin bike and weights.

Thinking of doing a time trial at the end of the month to see where i am at with it all.

I know i have lost alot and wont stress about the time only build on it over the coming weeks.
All for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 02-09-2015

Hi Ed,
Wanted to get a bit of feed back if that's ok.I have nearly done my first 3 week build up.Feel's like i am coming back nice but still have some weight to shed.

I am thinking that i should do another 3 weeks leading up to dublin novermber 14th..Provided i get selected! Failing that i will focus on the road to race though november through to january.
Really want to make dublin but that's up to the powers that be..over to you regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 03-09-2015

do a 3 week on the 10k program cycle

that would shed the weight quicker and have you sharper for Dublin

what say you?

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 03-09-2015

Hi Ed,
Thinking that going on to 3 week cycle would get me in better shape.I will bite the bullet and do a time trial and finish up this weekend on the build up.
10 weeks left as of saturday so think it's time to get cracking!
Over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 05-09-2015

Hi Ed,
Just to say i messured out a parkland 3k and ran a time trial this morning.10.59 not flat out but enough to get the juices flowing.
Looking to start the 3 week cycle tuesday and go from there.
Sure over weight and slow but feel ok about that as it's fair to say been here before just got to roll though the program.over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 07-09-2015

scraped under 11 minutes so 3.40 per k not so bad for a 'fat' boy Wink

enjoy

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 07-09-2015

Thanks Ed,
Think it wont take long to lower the times regards jon.