Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 09-09-2015

and I don't doubt that Big Grin

have you heard back from the Vet event?

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 09-09-2015

Hi Ed,
Yes i heard back from them saying the team will be picked early october around the 7th..I will be made up if they give me a shot.
I Have done my home work on guys that have been selected before there running around the 32-33 10k mark
I have submitted my times for my races and just hope they give me a go...8 weeks on saturday can't stop thinking about it.
Training well and getting strong dropped down to 75kg and moving forward.(think the long runs are taking the weight off!)
All for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 11-09-2015

good stuff Jon

all moving in the right direction

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 11-09-2015

Hi Ed,
Starting to run well again thankfully.
if you where wondering why i have not posted any 2k reps times etc because i am running everything on trails.
so in affect i am running at race pace for 8 mins then 90 recovery.

Seems to be working well feel much better for a hard workout.
As the next race is cross country i figure staying on the trails will help me.

1hour easy tommorrow and 90 mins long run sunday.
Enjoying the ride back over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 14-09-2015

how are things going since your last update

TheEd
ps.. as you know, we were away for the weekend Smile

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 15-09-2015

Hi Ed,
wanted to update to put you in the picture. I ran 5x1k this morning with big recovery's. 1.3.40
I took 2 mins recovery as I wanted to get though the session with controlled running. I will axe the recovery next time around to 90 seconds and work my way down to 1 minute.

I have not took a rest day now in 15 days just used very easy slow recovery runs when needed.
Every run is 1hour on the easy days and feel good off it.
The long runs are going well also just need to get my speed back and shed some lard.
That's all for now and congratulations on a very successful weekend regards jon.Wink

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-09-2015

Hi Ed,
Hope all is well with you forgot to mention i have been running a few double days of easy running.

Will run the 1hour easy in the morning and look to beating 10.59 on saturday morning with an added 40 mins in the evening.

Wednesday i put a rest day in felt a bit tired after the 1k interval session tuesday.Good solid 50 miles a week going in at present so moving on.

All for now will update again after ripping a strip of 10.59
Over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 17-09-2015

just be careful not to overcook it Jon

on we go

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 18-09-2015

Thanks Ed,
Going by feel at present still got 8 weeks to train so hopefully things will come good.

I will be away 1st of october until the end of the month so got to do everything on a treadmill again!
All for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-09-2015

Hi Ed,
Just to say i managed to jar my ankle friday which swelled up yestoday.

I have done my best to get the swelling down etc. Managed an easy 40 minutes on the bike this morning so hopefully a bit of rest and cross training will put things right.

If i didn't have bad luck i wouldn't have any at all!
All for now regards jon.