Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 21-09-2015

lol . Jon . "if I didnt have bad luck, I wouldnt have any at all"

:jester:

despite what you hear, do use the ice treatment to help

treat it with ice during the day and in the evening before going to sleep, put heat on it, so that it opens the arteries before you go sleep

keep me informed

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 21-09-2015

Thanks Ed,
Getting some treatment in the morning get this little glitch sorted out.I might still make the one legged arse kicking contest yet! Speak soon regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-09-2015

Hi Ed,
Just to say had a cortisol shot in the foot which hurt a tad. Swelling came down quickly and jumped on a cross trainer for 40 minutes so that was a good start.
Thinking tomorrow will either cross train or ride the bike and take it day by day. As long as I am doing something at this point keeps me happy in a good place.
What I can say on reflection was yes I was pushing the fitness and improving quickly once I am good to go again I would like to put in a time trial see where I am at.
Then get on the 3 week cycle and roll through the program, Thinking it is important that I regain the consistency with out going too hard at it.
running double was probably not necessary at this point but would appreciate your thoughts on that.
That's about all for now on the mend regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 28-09-2015

Hi Jon, how things going, I note you mentioned running 45 minutes easy, did everything go OK?

a slow steady return

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 28-09-2015

Hi Ed,
All is well thankyou managed to get some good running in on the trails.
Looking at running the 3k parkland in the morning,
and see where we are at!
I go to work wednesday for 3-4 weeks so it's all treadmill workouts as of thursday.
Got to wait until the 7th of october to see if i got selected for the cross country in dublin.
Failing that will plan to be in shape november as it's cooler and plenty of good races on.
Will be starting the 3 week cycle after the time trial as i feel need a new bench mark,to work off.
That's all for now will let you know how i did with the time trial over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-09-2015

Time trial done 10.39 on tired legs so a way to go yet but improving so thats something.Will run easy tomorrow then pick up from friday on the treadmill when i get to work regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 29-09-2015

on the road again

:jive:

and then

:mrburns:

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-09-2015

Thanks Ed,
Only going for two to three weeks so one 3 week cycle and see if i can get a bit closer to 10 mins for the time trial. Thinking my 2k reps are at 3.50 and 1k reps 3.40 at this point.Speak soon regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 07-10-2015

Hi ED,
Ran the dreaded 2k reps today i was not sure what pace to run at so settled for 3.40 per k
1)7.20
2)7.20
3)7.20
4)7.20
All with 2 mins rest i had enough 8k so stopped and did a good 15 min cool down.
Rest day thursday and should know something about Dublin this week.I know i am unfit but 5 more weeks will make a diffrence so fingers crossed moving in the right direction.
Regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 07-10-2015

nice Jon, just to be ticking over

look forward to hearing about Dublin

at least there is Guinness

take care

TheEd