Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 09-11-2015

Thinking more end of the month with a bit of luck! I had a sports massage monday expensive but long over due painful around the shins so nice easy run to get me back into it today.
Thinking the treadmill will be good for the 2k reps its good to just hang on in there.
Still plenty of races coming up december january time so will just keep plugging away at it.
All for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 18-11-2015

Hi Ed,
Been going through the sub 35 program not in the exact order i might add but hopefully get some returns from the training.Should be done this weekend then will look to race end of the month or 6th december.All for now jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 19-11-2015

nice to hear Jon, terra firma here you come

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-11-2015

Thanks Ed,
That's me done for this year time to turn the tables and get some running done.
Will look to race next weekend or the weekend after to use it as a bench mark! Then look to running without any more distractions as that seem to be the hold back this year.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 24-11-2015

Hi Ed,
Just got home as you know and feel that to run a 10k on sunday will be nice no pressure just a bench mark to see where i am at.Its been 6 months since the last one so nice to give it a go.Thinking i will run 3 to 4 x 1k tommorrow instead of the 10x 400 as i think i need to feel myself out at race pace.All for now great to be home jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 25-11-2015

Hi Ed,
Dropped in some good 1k reps this morning had to slow myself down as i felt i was on the charge a bit.
1)3.18
2)3.20
3)3.21
Felt really good and recovered very quick hope this is a sign for a good race sunday!😊😊

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-11-2015

Hi Ed,
Little up date race went well 3rd overall and won the age group.Hilly course so no time pressure although was strong and in no danger of been caught.
So will look to maybe run a flat 10k next week end to replace the 5x2k when i get on the program.
Rest day tommorrow and get going in the week not a bad bench mark today looking forward to the next.
over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 29-11-2015

nice Jon, and welcome back to Terra Firma

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-11-2015

Thanks Ed,
Will easy my way back into training this week if i dont race will look to run the 2k reps at 3.40 and 1k reps 3.30 off 1 min rest.
The course was 10.7k so that puts me in the 37 min box on that course.
Think its very doable to drop in a 36 on a flat course see how the week pans out with recovery
Got plenty of time on my hands so no need to rush anything just good to be home and running.
Over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 01-12-2015

Hi Ed,
think I will race Sunday as its only a 20 minute car ride from my house so will give it a go.

Recovered very quick after Sunday truth was I was in 3rd place and cruised along really worked well and feel good to go for this coming weekend.

Will look to go on cycle afterwards I think I know where my problem lies not enough work at race pace its usually over or under desired pace so need to look into that really I feel the 2k reps would be better at race pace even if I need 2mins to recover as I felt Sunday I was cruising at 3.42 to 3.45 per k as it was hilly.

See what Sunday brings I suspect a bit of undulation but plan to hover around the 3.40 per k and see if I can hold that together bight size pieces over to you regards jon.