Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 04-12-2015

3.40 is a good pace to return from offshore with. If you plan nicely and carefully, you should bring this down to 3.30 in good time

enjoy Jon

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 04-12-2015

Thanks Ed,
Hopefully run a good race sunday and then get into training mode.Hope all is well your end regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 06-12-2015

Hi Ed,
Quick race report started out very well and was leading the race until a special marshall let me go the wrong way!
After 500 meters or so was pointed in the right direction.Back in 15th place!
Managed to crawl my way back but the gap was far too much to close down.All in all 2nd in the age group and 7th place overall.Never mind as it was very hilly and used it as a stiff training run.
Back in training now after a few easy day.
Over and out.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 06-12-2015

Sorry Ed,
forgot to include the most important bit of time and distance so we got 10.85k on the gps others with 10.9k so just like to ask your advise on the 2k session I would say 3.35 per k as it works out 37.11 for 10k and 40.21 for the 10.85.
Thanks and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 10-12-2015

Hi Ed,
Little up date as the week unfolds had to settle for 3x1mile in place of the 2k reps as some bright spark has put a crash barrier in place to stop any cars motorbikes from going on my strip of road! That's a real pain in the bum.
Anyway this is how it reads
2 mins recovery Jog
Will add a 40 min easy run this evening then rest friday.
Looking to either 10k next weekend or 5k not sure as yet.
Hope all is well with you regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 15-12-2015

Hi Jon, was good to catch up a little on FB

on we go

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 15-12-2015

Thanks Ed,
all good fun and yes nice to chat will keep you posted how things are going got 4 week until my next race so see how we go regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-12-2015

Hi Ed,
quick update was due to run the 6x1 k this morning the wind was very strong so I did the 5k pace run managed 17.30 so was pleased with that. Will do an easy 40 mins this evening and go on to the 1k reps in a few days time all going well.
Sunday 1k reps
I took two minutes recovery today and will plan to cut the recovery next session all going well I would say just got to lay off the booze and crimbo turkey the next few days.
over and out

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 19-12-2015

Hi Ed,
looks like I got down to 3.30 per k quicker than expected which is good. I think my focus is now on recovery and learning to work at this pace for the whole 10k.
Gut feeling tells me this will happen on the 2k reps basically running them at desired race pace.
Feeling a bit tired this weekend must admit but happy that I've jump up 10 seconds per k in less than a month training is working and will edge forward with caution all for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-12-2015

Hi Ed,
Did the 1k reps this morning
recovery was two minutes but happy the way things are going just got to be good to myself over Christmas and will be in shape to race next month.
all for now jon.