Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 14-03-2016

Thanks ED,
Put on a few kg but sure that will fall off as its really hot now.Starting the build up today then for the next two weeks regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 19-03-2016

Hi ED,
just a few lines to say enjoying the build up despite the heat feel good on the training and feeling more together with it all.
thanks and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 22-03-2016

keep it nice and easy and then go into the more intensive training 'ready to rumble'

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-03-2016

Hi ED,
thanks for your post will keep it easy and strike when the irons hot!
all for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 27-03-2016

Hi ED,
Just to round up to say i finished the two week build up this morning quiet enjoyed the relaxed easy running to be honest!
Well that's for now time trial next and back on cycle will post a time shortly regards jon.ps the heat is up to 40 degress in the day!

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-03-2016

Hi ED,
did the 4k time trial this morning hot and sweaty affair i might add looked like i had been thrown in a swimming pool afterwards. 13.25 for the 4k quite happy with that under the weather conditions.

Not sure about the paces for 2ks and 1ks off this effort baring in mind that i am going to take my speed work indoors now in the air con! will do the easy runs outdoors but feel the quality needs to be out of the heat.

Was 28 degrees on the warm up fry up before i did the 4k time trial the humidity is 90 percent also!

Will be looking to go to the UK July time family holiday but have to go to work first for around 6 weeks so treadmill sessions as usual..Above all not in bad condition at all really relaxed and enjoying it and hope to run well in cooler climates i think its given that this will happen when i run in kinder conditions.
oh yes happy birthday good sir one more candle on the cake!:whistle::whistle:

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 29-03-2016

Thank you Jon, the natural ability is still there. Add 10 seconds per k to the pace for the 2k session

so your 4k time, add 10 seconds to the per k pace

run below maximum effort and get a few consistent runs and you should be moving in the right direction for UK climes

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-03-2016

Thanks ED,
Very pleased that i did the build up and take heed of what you told me after six weeks will probley crash!

I Cant help but wonder what you think about me doing another 3 weeks on build up?
I know my speed would take a dip but that's normal.

Really open to both choices now something in those 1 hour easy runs.

Well will go easy for a day or two and take it from there regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 30-03-2016

rather do 3 weeks on the 10k program and have a tester, then 1 week easy and a 2 week build-up would probably be better

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 31-03-2016

Thanks ED,
I like the sound of that will do just that! Will be away six weeks now but feel happy that I can train well while been at work.
Thanks again for your extra post will update as we go on the 2k reps and other core workouts but feel that what you have set me out for the next six weeks will work out well. Hope all is well your side regards jon.:mrburns: