Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 22-06-2016

Thanks ED,
will repost with a 5k time this weekend and next cycle try reduce my recovery time on the 1k repeats.

What matters to me now is going into my race on the 3rd of July and give it a good go. The standard will be good so will be pushes hard to place!

I don't want to make the mistake of leaving my race in training so might slip in a extra rest day next week.

Well that's all for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 22-06-2016

good stuff Jon, it looks that your journey of self-awarement and what is best for you is moving in the right direction

on we go

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 23-06-2016

Thanks ED,
Been content with the runner I am today and not what the runner I was at 25 years old was the first step to realization. I've just lost my father ongoing illness so yes life is short be happy what you do and yes you don't have to compare yourself with anyone its only here and now.
All for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 28-06-2016

Hi ED,
Love the cool climate feel like i am floating all good i might add..might fit a race in but for sure will run a trial trial just to know the diffrence.
All for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 29-06-2016

I read on FB that you have been running in different weather, must be a great experience

Big Grin

enjoy Jon

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 07-07-2016

Hi Ed,
Just to say been moving very well the weather is great and enjoyed running longer distance and hardly breaking a sweat.I feel good to start training hard again and look to race end of this month in thailand.That's all for now had a great time and looking to relocate in due course regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 14-07-2016

Hi ED,
Just to say back in thailand taking an easy week running just getting my body use to the heat again.Will get going next week.All for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 17-07-2016

so after the cool weather running of the UK back to grind of hot sticky conditions

who would have thought the UK had great weather Wink

good to feel your good vibe

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-07-2016

Thanks ED,
Uk was great looking forward to going back after my next job will take the wife and daughter with a view to relocating.Hopefully get to run in some more cool weather.Indeed it's a world apart and fair to say running on a 35 minute 10k program in this heat is all ok.
Hopefully get to test it's true value when we go back to the uk.
All for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-07-2016

Hi ED,
Just to say still keeping things easy for now not feeling the love at the moment but hopefully feel better soon.
Think it's to do with loosing my dad really just giving myself a bit of space.
All for now jon.