Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-08-2016

Hi ED,
just to say I did a time trial of 2.4km I know it's an unusual distance as 4k is the normal given distance.
Anyway 7.44 on a gravel track for the distance very hot as usual but figured this puts me back in low 17 minute 5k shape.
The training is working well at the moment. What I have done is run the 1k reps ETC on trail without time pressure as said before the heat is always the handbrake to the true value.
So pleased to say things are moving forward might even be able to think about a race next month if the feeling is strong.
all for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 28-08-2016

Hi ED,
Just to say i blobbed at 8k yestoday on the 2k reps not done them in a long time so got found out.
And a rest today feeling tired.
All for now jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 28-08-2016

Jon, try to start off slower, if you started at 3.40 perk you would have had a far better session

on we go

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-08-2016

Thanks ED,
Will do that next cycle for sure! Was a bit unsure what to shoot for but figure it's best to go for 3.20 per k on the 1k reps next. Long run tommorrow and can see my body shedding the weight now..Hopefully be in a good place to race around the 18th of september.
All for now then with thanks jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 29-08-2016

start at 3.30 to 3.25, looking to finish faster

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 30-08-2016

Hi ED,
Thanks for that will do as you say will update when there done thanks and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 05-09-2016

Hi ED,
Just got around to the 1k reps as ive been tired and needed an extra rest day with moving house and the like.
1)3.12
2)3.13
3)3.12
4)3.15
Blew up! I know i was not ment to do this but could not help myself! Well what's done is done so will start thinking about the 5k pace run next at 3.30 per k
Old habbits don't die fast with me.
All for now jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 09-09-2016

Hi ED,
Just wondered what your thoughts are on the divide issues i am having in terms of fast short reps and the 2k reps that usually end in fail.
If i can run short fast reps 10x400@75 seconds and 1k reps in 3.12-3.15 is the problem my areobic fitness that's not allowing me to do the 2k reps better?
Age or heat would be my next thoughts.
Still training well and ready to try and hit 17.30 5k on sunday.All for now jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 12-09-2016

Hi ED,
Just to say I did the 5k pace run this morning was a bit more of a tempo run in truth As i knew i would struggle with the conditions.
1k 3.30
2k 3.35
3k 3.36
4k 3.37
5k 3.38
Was Ok and don't feel too bad.
On to the next then with a note to myself slow the 2k reps down.
All for now jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 15-09-2016

Hi ED,
coming to the end of a cycle and wont be racing Sunday I figured it would be good to run a 4k time trial and see where I am at.
3kg lighter for a start so hopefully put a dent in 14 mins for the 4k.
all for now then jon.