Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 15-09-2016

have a good one Jon

forwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 16-09-2016

Thanks Ed,
Feeling good enough to race a the mo.
Regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 18-09-2016

Hi ED,
As said in posts before all ready to hit a hard 4k did 6x1 min Friday floating through 300 meters a minute rest day saturday and bang this morning my inner ankle is swollen up!
How on earth that has happen is baffling!
Hoping I can get a quick fix on this as i know i am in very good form.
All for now then regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 20-09-2016

keep us posted, hope it all clears quickly

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 21-09-2016

Hi Ed,
Got going again today nice easy 30 minutes and prior to that used the bike so a bit of cross training.I have no real clue as to what happened to my ankle just one of those things i guess.Will go easy for the rest of this week now and hope there is no reaction.
Thanks and regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 24-09-2016

Hi ED,
just to say back at it.!.Will do a long run tomorrow and work through the cycle.
all for now then regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 28-09-2016

Hi ED,
just to say I did a 30 min warm up and a stretch due to old age then ran 17.30 controlled running for a 3-mile pace run on parkland comfortably hard.I would have had to run into the woods to make it 5k so that's why I did only 3 miles.
still not a bad session hoping to race at some point.
all for now jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 30-09-2016

Hi ED,
just to say in entered the Bangkok international 10k on the 16th of October feeling quite excited as i have not raced since march.
Hope all is well with you 16 days to go and counting regards Jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 04-10-2016

what sessions have you got planned? Hopefully sessions that are 'doable' and that build up confidence Wink

onwards

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 04-10-2016

Hi ED,
Just rolling through at sub 35 10k pace at the mo sticking some doubles in every few days pinched a few sessions from the sub 31 program 10×1 min on the hills and generally feeling better form.Down to 72kg now just need to keep it going well until next race then look towards a break and build up towards the end of this month..World of work is calling after 5 months off..Been good training wise but got to earn a few queens quids.
All for now jon.