Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 23-10-2016

how things going this week Jon

all good?

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 26-10-2016

Hi ED,
keeping the training easy and aerobic until the end of the month now.Just got back to the uk got alot on my plate at the mo..ps its bloody freezing regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 26-10-2016

lol, stay well Jon

all the best

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-10-2016

Thanks ED,
Been a tropical yorkshireman is no joke my legs wont work in 15 degrees it's freezing might have to run a time trial in my long johns lol.
All for now jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 31-10-2016

how did the t-t go, Jon?

Big GrinConfusedurf::tourist:

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 31-10-2016

Hi ED,
TT in the morning to bring in the new month..Had to messure distance and traffic free routes which took a bit of time but sorted now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 01-11-2016

Hi ED,
13.02 for 4k was a shame i never ducked under 13 but there you go..Very difficult to get my legs to work if i am honest about it.I ran in a thin jacket and tights as it was too cold for me..The cold air burns and made it hard for me.I did a 30 minute warm up and still felt wooden.Heading back to the heat over the weekend..But not in bad shape i would say..
All for now jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 10-11-2016

Hi ED,
Looks like i am riding the rollercoaster again.
From a good time trial to flu and jet lag rolled into one has left me running like a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.!
Just taking the running very easy now until A) got use to the heat again and B)shake off my ailments. Heading to india around the 25th so really not sure how to plan things at this point.Was hoping to race before i go but that is just stress and not the right time.
All for now. Jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-11-2016

Hi ED,
Quick update on the training first week back was a bit of a struggle getting use to the heat and shaking off the head cold.
I just have time to fit a race in on the 27th so trying to get some zip back in my legs.

I was going well in the uk so know it's in there.
Think i just need to play the waiting game with the heat getting there but only 10 days before the race.
All for now jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 17-11-2016

great to hear things going in right direction again

:tourist:

TheEd
ps.. I can recall when our athletes raced internationally and travelled via air, that they were encouraged to take water onboard with them, these days you unable to do so. They needed to stay hydrated and get up and walk the aisles, to keep their muscles loose Smile