Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 17-11-2016

Thanks, Ed

I was lucky enough to find some water vending machines in the departure lounges that I put in my hand luggage.That said the water is never enough and in future will definitely do what I did last time a stop over in Dubai for 3 hours and then the last leg home.
I felt rough the first week back wooden also despite going to the toilet for a stretch.
On to the race then well not worried about a time as its a tough one and undulating so will look to tactically plan this one.

Can feel things coming together nice and scared to over cook things with only 9 days of training left so will keep on the sub 35 10k program which will be a 1hr tomorrow rest Saturday and 5k Sunday.
I won't tell you what I have planned for the new year as I am scared to jinx myself.South Korea indoor masters X-c#**try.. it's in code!
All for now then regards jon.
ps I was thinking how hard it must be for your top guys that travel a lot to international events.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 20-11-2016

Hi Ed,
hope all is well with you would like to ask you advise if I may on Wednesday's session due to be 10x400 meters to go ahead with it or run say 3x1 mile at race pace?
Given that, I struggled this morning 17.04 over 3 miles which is ok last weekend I ran the same 3 miles in 18.23 but was only at tempo pace to be fair.
With only 6 days to go now looking forward to race but won't say casing fitness ill say chasing acclimatisation.
I know the course its a tough one so forgetting about 35 minutes right from the outset.
For me, it's about the position in this one want the first vets if possible and try to beat 40.20 I ran last year it's actually 11k according to the GPS data.
nice easy hour tomorrow and look forward to your thoughts regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 23-11-2016

Hi Ed,
Think as it stands all races and training are on hold due to having to go to hospital last night.
I started getting like electric shocks behind the knee that became so bad that i had to go to hospital.
Now await treatment for calcific tendinitis.
All for now jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 24-11-2016

keep us informed Jon, this is not the after effects from the long flight?

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 24-11-2016

Hi ED,
Thinking it could well be.Hope it's not DVT.I was running with no pain at all.The only that happens is i get stabbing pains behind the knee that shoot to my head.The hospital just gave me a strong pain killer/muscle relaxant.Will get ultra sound Friday and a second look to see what is going on.One thing for sure is I really Dont want to take any more pain of this nature it was too much.
All for now jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 25-11-2016

Hi Ed,
Just a few lines to say i had some good treatment today and it sounds like my problem is that i am dehydrating after my runs which are causing the muscle cramps and shocks.
Ive had some ultra sound and my lymph glands checked all ok.
So invested in some multi vitamins and will proceed with caution now going to take the weekend off and move on to the off period before going to a 3-4 week build up..
All for now then jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 29-11-2016

Hi Ed,
just to say starting the training again in the morning 30 mins easy as said doing two weeks on the off period and will build on that. No pain now thank goodness hope the 30 mins easy goes ok tomorrow time will tell.
regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 04-12-2016

Hi ED,
quick update to say i started out nice on the off period for the first three days then the electric shocks type spasms came back at night as usual.
Will be at the physio 7am Monday morning and try and work out what is going on.
My best guess is it's a trapped nerve behind the knee that does not hurt while running but seems to hit me when i sit down or lye in the bed.
so yestoday was a rest day and might do a light gym session and stretch today and see what comes tommorrow.
I now have started taking b12 vitamit to see if that helps things settle down now.
all for now then bit frustrated with this something and nothing injury thats stopping me getting on.
regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - MrM - 04-12-2016

Hello Jon.

Electric type hurt, was same here.

Recently that hurt is gone. I thought this was came from directly body weight.
2 years ago my body weight 85kg and now 66-68kg.
Hurt was gone.

I dont know that hurt is where come from and causes...
Believe you will be better soon.

regards MrM

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 04-12-2016

Thanks Mr m,
Going for more treatment today as said this is a something and nothing problem that does not stop me running but is very annoying as i can't sleep because i keep getting shocks.My weight is 72 kg so i dont think this is my problem.
Thanks for your post regards jon.