Running Information Forums
coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: coming off base phase/when to up the pace. (/Thread-coming-off-base-phase-when-to-up-the-pace)

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 04-03-2017

Hi Ed,
wanted to update you on how things are going gathering myself for next weekend race.
I did 6k as a pace run on parkland /trail in 22.30 controlled running on wednesday and 3x1 mile at race pace this morning off 90 seconds recovery 1)5.45 2)5.46 3)5.52 lost a bit missjudged the pace was cruising.

Going off this info i recon about 3.40 per k for the first 5k would be about right would you agree???

I think i am in around 36.30 shape in this heat so wont go out over expecting.
Have to smile and think back how on earth i could string 6 minutes off this sort of time many moons ago Its gone and i accept it should probley have cherished it more as a young guy but we dont we allways want more!

well this is my first race in a year so will just do what i can and see what happens no pressure.
all for now regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 05-03-2017

sounds sensible to look at first 5k in 18:20, but do make sure not to land up going quicker than 18 minutes

nice to have you racing again Smile

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 05-03-2017

Thanks Ed,
Finally coming out of the stone ages and buying a gps garmin with lots of features so i can post real data!
All these years been running on feel and now going all bells and whistles.Will run with the Gps and keep me on track will update as we go sir...
Very excited.
Regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 09-03-2017

Hi Ed,
Just to say I think Ive done all i can do for my race.Felt tired this morning and due to do the 6x1 min Tommorrow might just rest it and jog Saturday morning as I felt as tho a rest day is needed.
As said will aim at 3.40 per k and try and up the tempo over the next 5k.
Will let you know how it went very relaxed sub 37 is my target all for now jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 12-03-2017

Hi Ed,
Well what can i say apart from i am glad this week is over.
Way too many things gone wrong hench not raced today.Actually i think its a good thing i did'nt go.

Just done a 5k pace run and was struggling to run 18 mins! Heat stress or both have left me flat so good i never went.!
Will take a few easy days and try to get back on the plan..
All for now jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 12-03-2017

stress is is an ugly thing and running must assist in reducing stress and not creating further stress

so be kind accept the situation and enjoying your running

this thing life is a tad annoying at times Wink

onwards

THeEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 14-03-2017

Hi Ed,
Back on cycle did 80 mins easy distance this morning first hour was ok then the heat got me really is tough at the moment.Not the distance the conditions.Refocused to race on the 2nd of april now.
All for now jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 16-03-2017

Hi Ed,
Nice session this morning started out 5am 82f and 86% humidity.
30 mins warm up.
Then 5x1 k 1)3.24 90 rec
2)3.30 90 rec
3)3.26 90 rec
4)3.28 90 rec
5)3.25 15 mins cool down stretch.
Felt as tho 6 was doable but did not want to get carried away.
Happy with that regards jon.

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - TheEd - 16-03-2017

better to run 5 to 10 seconds slower and then do the extra 1k

Wink

TheEd

coming off base phase/when to up the pace. - JonathanWardley - 16-03-2017

Hi Ed,
Thanks that's the nicest way of calling me a lazy git i ever heard.
Thanks...Next time ill do six without fail.
All for now jon.