Running Information Forums
Midweek Run - Plan Advice - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Midweek Run - Plan Advice (/Thread-Midweek-Run-Plan-Advice)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Midweek Run - Plan Advice - SlowMow - 12-09-2011

Hi TheEd,

I agree, it would be ideal to find someone to train with for these hard sessions, I will try and persuade someone to join me next time around.

I ran the long run yesterday 21K ~ 4:43 / k which felt fine and I feel pretty good today, although I'm not going to be able to run today as I have to drive for 2 1/2 hours this evening.

I have the 1K sessions tomorrow which I am quite looking forward to, I just hope the wind drops :please:

Midweek Run - Plan Advice - TheEd - 13-09-2011

you putting some really decent training in ... the 2k session is the toughest and most important if you want results

it is only every 3 weeks, so it is achievable and especially with someone you can share the pain with Wink

Cheers

TheEd

Midweek Run - Plan Advice - SlowMow - 14-09-2011

Hi TheEd,

I had an enjoyable run yesterday with the 1K intervals, despite the wind. For the first time I went out with the intention of running to the target time (i.e. sub 3:50), whereas previously I had aimed to run around 3:55.

The first 3 intervals felt really good, and relaxed, 5 and 6 were tough, but manageable.

Code:
Time    Avg HR    Max HR    Rest
00:03:38    161    170    123
00:03:43    165    172    133
00:03:47    166    172    145
00:03:47    167    174    145
00:03:53    166    172    152
00:03:49    168    173    143

Midweek Run - Plan Advice - TheEd - 14-09-2011

back on the right track Smile

TheEd

Midweek Run - Plan Advice - SlowMow - 25-10-2011

Hi TheEd,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I have been a little busy with running, training and a more recently an achilles injury.

Towards the end of September I ran my first ever 1/2 marathon on a hot and windless day, managing 1:27:11, vastly improving on my 1:30:00 target.

2 weeks later and I was running a point to point 10K, unfortunately the day provided a 20 mph headwind the entire way. While I put in everything on the day, I felt that I didn't have the energy levels I should have had, although given the conditions I was not too disappointed with a 41:29 finish time (a new PB anyway) and a top 10 finish in the race.

Last weekend saw the last of my 10K races for the season and yet again the wind was not a great help. This time the course was roughly circular, but the 17 mph wind was very tough when it was in your face. At 9K, I had 35:50 on my watch, but with the last 1K straight into the wind, I just couldn't find the strength to run into the wind at race pace. Under these conditions, I was very pleased with the final time of 40:14 (another PB).

Sub 40 minutes will definately be on the cards next year!

Thanks for all your help and advice over the last few months, with your help I have improved massively, knocking 2 minutes of both my 5K and 10K PBs and putting in a time for the 1/2 that I wouldn't have thought possible just a few months ago.

I am currently taking an enforced break from running to allow my achilles to heal, however once we get into the new year, I will be undertaking the off period, build up and then the programme for the challenges of next season. I'll be certain to post again when the time comes.

Thanks again for all your help and your great programmes.

SlowMow

Midweek Run - Plan Advice - TheEd - 26-10-2011

great news regarding the PB's and not so good news about the achilles

however it is certainly the body telling you to take a break

the Achilles can take a little longer than most other injuries, so do show patience in treating it

all in all nice going

TheEd