Running Information Forums
sub 40 10 k. Please advise - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: sub 40 10 k. Please advise (/Thread-sub-40-10-k-Please-advise)

sub 40 10 k. Please advise - robbie_1000 - 25-03-2009

Cool

Thanks Ed

sub 40 10 k. Please advise - robbie_1000 - 27-03-2009

Ran an easy 30 mins yesterday 5.6k Smile

sub 40 10 k. Please advise - TheEd - 27-03-2009

how you finding these easy runs Rob?

I think i haven't quite recovered from my last long run and my right quad seems sore.

I did the paced 5k today ahr153 20.16secs.
I think another long run tomorrow might be a push too far.
I could do with a few days rest. How does that sound?

Pick up again Monday :confused:

I'll ice it and see how i feel in the morning Sad

sub 40 10 k. Please advise - TheEd - 27-03-2009

Yes, certainly work on your recovery

the training for now has been done

as you become more experienced things will become easier

the 5k paced certainly shows you are very near to a sub 40 minute 10k if not below depending on how you handle the race day scenario

look after legs and please keep us informed

Thanks

TheEd

sub 40 10 k. Please advise - robbie_1000 - 28-03-2009

I'm not having lazy days over the weekend just not running because of the sore quad> I did take my boy swimming today. I haven't been for ages and while he was on the flume i managed a few lengths using arms only.

Wow, i was totally gobsmacked by my general fitness level and stamina!

Think i'm going to have sore shoulders tomorrow but wow i was fast. The lifeguards selected me out of all the others to rescue somebodys goggles from the bottom of the 12"6 deep endCool lol

Just to confirm when u said a paced run at 155 you meant ahr not mhr :confused:

Cheers Ed
Rob

sub 40 10 k. Please advise - TheEd - 28-03-2009

atlantis man .. u may have to go look up Patrick Duffy in that role to understand more

the run is not ahr or mhr but more that your pulse must stay below that hr

no higher than 155

currently if you want to run at a lower hr it is up to you however as people become fitter they tend to run quicker in their easy runs without knowing and by placing a cap on the hr we are able to stop the athlete from overdoing it

hope that helps

TheEd

sub 40 10 k. Please advise - robbie_1000 - 29-03-2009

Hmm so if i said my heartrate was at 173 towards the end of the 5k paced run then i've kinda blown the 155 limit.
I am clearly doing this all wrong.
So as a general rule when im doing my easy runs i should go no higher than 140. I think i'm pushing too hard generally and thats leaving me short on my quality days. Please advise :duh:

sub 40 10 k. Please advise - TheEd - 30-03-2009

you have it all in one

you need to recover between quality sessions and after the quality sessions

once you develop and reach different levels the easy run pace will increase even at the lower pulse range

the heart rate monitor is of great assistance as it is tapped into your body during training and by keeping below the prescribed heart rate you are giving your body a chance to recover

if your pulse is below 150 bpm and the pace is to you too slow it does not mean it is wrong, that is what your body can cope with currently

once your fitness levels increase your pace will also increase even if your pulse is below 150

so restrain yourself, the quality sessions and improvement there is what it is all about to start with

you do your sessions and the easy runs in-between are exactly that, easy

Hope this helps

TheEd