Running Information Forums
How to get a Big Swede running fast! - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: How to get a Big Swede running fast! (/Thread-How-to-get-a-Big-Swede-running-fast)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - Big Swede - 19-05-2009

Ok, first the off period. What RPM do you recomend for the "easy and totaly relaxed" seesions? Yesterday I did a 5,85k at AHR131 MHR140 and it felt relaxed.

I will probably have an internet connection for most of the time.

Cheers

Big Swede

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - TheEd - 19-05-2009

stick to that pulse then

remember to try keep your weight below 90 to 91kg, so don't feast out too much Wink

also remember, that you pick up problems when you run too slowly so watch your form if you run at a slower pace

foot placement and arms, keep everything inline and efficient if possible

Cheers and enjoy

TheEd
ps.. seeing that you have an internet connection you can keep me informed and hopefully we can avoid you going through a tough time like before

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - Big Swede - 31-05-2009

Hi!

Now I have finished the off-period and moving on to build up.

The first two weeks I am home but the third I´m on vacation in Portugal. Should I change anything around? Wont be able to do the 4k time trial until I´m home again but hopefully I can complete most of the other sessions.

Cheers,

Big Swede

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - TheEd - 01-06-2009

Hi Big Swede ..

you can always do 2 build-up cycles and do the 4 k time-trial after the 2 cycles

Hope the build up is successful and you come back stronger

TheEd
ps .. enjoy Portugal

:yes: :jive:

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - Big Swede - 25-06-2009

Hi Ed!

A little update of my running.

Been having problem with one of my calves on and off now for at least 3 months. Could not follow the buildup as planned so I went to a fysio to get help.

She gave me a trainingprogram to strengthen my strings and muscles on the calves and said that I could continue running, but only easy sessions until the calves started to feel better. This was two weeks ago and I havent felt any improvment yet. But I will have to have patience.

Now I´m running 3-4 times per week, 30-40k, keeping the time around 50-55mins/session.

Hope that you are enjoying the summer and keeping up with your running.
:yes:

Cheers,

Big Swede

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - TheEd - 29-06-2009

Hi Swede .. nice to hear from you

hope you having a great time Wink

keep me informed regarding the calves etc, so we know how things are going and when to do the build-up etc

And enjoy what is left of summer

TheEd

:yes:

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - Big Swede - 03-08-2009

Hi there!

Hope eveything is ok with you!

My calfe didn´t get any better so I decided to rest from running for the two first weeks in july. Instead I did sessions on my mountainbike and the at the gym.

After two weeks the stiffness and the pain when I walked was gone but the first time a ran I immidiately felt the calf again. Just as before but with the difference that I didn´t feel almost any pain or stiffness between the sessions.

Then me and my wife decided to do something stupid/great!(?) We took a running holiday along the Göta Kanal. We ran 195 km in 5 days!!:jester:

That was really an experiance! A totally new dimension of runing.Smile

But of course it didn´t help my calf although the legs felt a lot better than I thought they would.

Now I really dont know what to do? Take another rest from running or continue with easy running and calfe exercises?

Cheers,

Big Swede

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - TheEd - 04-08-2009

Hi Big Swede .. wow

sounds like quite a family experience

I would truly recommend you go see a 'decent' physiotherapist as this has now become a 'chronic' calf problem

You have to start somewhere

TheEd

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - Big Swede - 03-09-2009

Hi!

I´m booked at the physio. She will help me to construct a detailed trainingprogram to get rid off my calfeproblems! :-)

I´m really frustrated right now! Longing back to the track and the intervalls. But I will get there.

Big Swede

How to get a Big Swede running fast! - TheEd - 03-09-2009

Here's to your calf getting sorted out

TheEd