Running Information Forums
Improving 10k with regular training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Improving 10k with regular training (/Thread-Improving-10k-with-regular-training--154)

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 15-11-2009

Hi Coach,

You’re once again right. I shouldn’t be feeling down. I’m taking this as a lesson that I learned. As a precaution I haven’t run since my last attempt on Thursday. So, I skipped the race last Saturday and been using the tips from your article. Like I said on a previous post, I felt something but it wasn’t hurting. I just don’t want this to become something more serious.

I had time to think of what may have caused this and it’s probably due to lack of stretching. :duh: It’s not that I don’t do it, but I should do more and better. Lesson learned.

I have an appointment this Monday and I’ll tell you the doctor’s opinion about it. Right now, still feel something there but it looks to be getting better. Don’t feel anything while walking, going upstairs/downstairs etc.

I hope to be running soon. :p

Thanks for all the support. It’s been really important. :great:

MMS.

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 16-11-2009

Hi Coach,

just got back from doctor´s appointment and he said I got a posterior tibial tendonitis. I´ve schedule an ultrasound for tomorrow (for a better diagnosis) and 10 sessions of physiotherapy starting this Wed.

I´ll keep taking the anti-inflammatory (another 5 days) and icing the area. No running right now. Sad

I hope to be back soon.

Keep you posted as I progress.

MMS.

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 16-11-2009

Hi mms .. good to get the diagnosis in and I would like to hear more of what the physio has to say and what treatment is planned and the time off feet etc, please?

Are you able to do swimming during this time off?

Cheers

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 16-11-2009

Hi Coach,

That's ok. I'll later tell you what the physhio has planned for me.

There's no pool in my building. So, I would only be able to do that if I find a Gym with one.

Besides swimming, is there anything else? For example, one of those bikes at the Gym (ergometric bike)? I'll also ask the physio for alternatives.

tks.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 17-11-2009

the bike should be OK but until you know more about the injury you would be better off not doing cycling, so check with the physio to see if cycling is allowed

Cheers and get well soon

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 18-11-2009

Hi Coach,

Yesterday I went to a clinic to have the ultrasound exam. There, the doctor said that there was nothing evident. Good news. It might be inflamed and only a MRI could detect. But it's not the case for a MRI.

Today I had my first physio session. I had a 15min session of controlled electric shocks and after she used a device that's also called ultrasound in portuguese. Same name of that one used to take some images but different purpose.

Tomorrow is session two and the next one is only on Monday, because Friday is a holiday here. Next week, 5 sessions (Monday-Friday).

She said not to do any exercise, until next week. Then well try some at the clinic. Depending on the results, she'll allow me. Also to keep icing.

Right now I don't feel that discomfort anymore. I'm still taking the anti-inflamatory for the next 3 days.

I'm happy that it seems to be getting better. Smile

Hope to be running again soon. I'm bored at home. Big Grin

Tks.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 19-11-2009

you can do press up and sit ups during this off period

even pull ups and anything to raise your pulse without putting weight on your feet

Big Grin

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 20-11-2009

Hi Coach,

I’ll try some press ups and sit ups these days. Big Grin

Physio session #2 was the same as #1. Normally, at #2 I would start doing some exercises, but since today is holiday, she postponed to Monday because she was afraid I could feel some pain and only have another session a few days later.

My foot is better and hope soon she’ll allow me some easy running! Can’t wait!

Tks!

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 23-11-2009

Another session this Monday.

Same as the previous but started some stretching exercises. Not feeling anything. Smile

I'm anxiously waiting to run again... Big Grin

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 24-11-2009

not long to go and things should be more or less back to normal

TheEd