Running Information Forums
Improving 10k with regular training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Improving 10k with regular training (/Thread-Improving-10k-with-regular-training--154)

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 24-02-2011

Felt tired this morning and decided to postpone today´s run for this night.

Probably tired because of different sequence of exercises at the gym last Tue night.

It´s not a problem as tomorrow is off. Smile

Cheers

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 27-02-2011

The run Thursday night was nice, felt great all the way.

This weekend I went to the beach and had a warm 5k paced run. The result was very promising. Could control my pace and felt good, despite the heat. I talk more about it on the blog (also put some pictures).

Feb 26th - 5k paced - day 12
Morning Run
Temp:28C

KM|Time|AHR
2,5|11:25|168
2,5|11:04|177
Tot|22:29|173

Have a nice week, Coach.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 01-03-2011

Hi TheEd, how are you?

I´ve started week 03 today and I´m wondering what sort os race/test I shoul do this Saturday, once you said I should leave the 4k time-trial for a while.

What´s on your mind? :mmm:

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 01-03-2011

Why not consider a 15km paced run as part of your development towards the half marathon?

any thoughts on this

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 01-03-2011

That´s exactly what I had in mind! :great:

And what pace do you believe it´s appropriate considering my current development?

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 01-03-2011

the same pace you would like to run the half marathon in or around there

start at an even pace and try to finish stronger, so put some thought into it. Don't finish feeling you cannot run another 6 km further but rather that you can definitely run another 6 km

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 04-03-2011

Hi TheEd,

I was feeling my right calf a little stiffy after the 5k paced last Saturday. I took Sunday off, Monday I ran 1h, Tue while warming up I decided not to do the 3x5min @10k pace and ran 30min easy, same thing on Wed and Thur, today off.
I´m concerned about it because I don´t want it to develop to an aquiles tendonitis, like the one I had. I´m not sure if I should have the paced run this Saturday. Perhaps take another couple of days easy to make sure everything in fine.

I was very excited about tomorrow´s run, but I believe it´s best to postpone it. Sad

Keep you informed as usual.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 04-03-2011

best take things easy, analise your training and see if you can pinpoint where matters began leading to the problem

hope it heals soon

ice and more ice

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 04-03-2011

Sure!

I´ve been icing since Tuesday.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 07-03-2011

Hi TheEd,

my right calf is normal again. Last Sat I ran 45min and yesterday I got my bike and cycled easy. Today I'll rest.

I'm enjoying the Carnival holiday in my hometown and gonna stay here for the next 2 weeks (got a few days off from work).

Tomorrow I shall begin a new cycle. Let you know how it goes.

Cheers.

MMS