Running Information Forums
Improving 10k with regular training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Improving 10k with regular training (/Thread-Improving-10k-with-regular-training--154)

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 03-07-2011

good to see you back MMS Wink

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 05-07-2011

It´s good to be back!

Although not completely back... Smile

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 13-07-2011

Hi TheEd,

I´ve been able to run easy 3 times a week. My left foot almost 100% better. My phisio sessions were supposed to begin this week, but the clinic made a mistake and didn´t schedule them. But, from what feel right now, I should get back into running real soon!

Cheers.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 13-07-2011

nice to hear MMS

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 29-07-2011

And today was my last phisio session. Ready to slowly return to my training. Things are pretty intense here at work and later today (or tomorrow) I´ll post more of what I have been doing (or not doing :whistle: ) these days and we can discuss how I should return.

Great news at last!

Nice weekend, coach!

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 29-07-2011

thanks for the feedback .. here's to go weekend

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 30-07-2011

Hi TheEd,

Like I said yesterday, I´m ready to return to my training and I´d like to discuss with you what´s the best way to do it.

First, some feedback:
I don´t have a running routine since May 10th, when I realized I was injured. I ran a few times from then until June 2nd when I traveled. The following 25 days not a single run, but lots of walking!
After this trip I returned running 3 times a week (5k to 6k runs at 6min/km) and sometimes riding my bike until July 18th, when I started phisio sessions and decided not to run at all to speed up my recovery. Before the phisio sessions my foot was ok, but only with some specific movements I felt some residual pain. It doesn’t happen now.
Phisio sessions ended yesterday and my foot looks perfect again. I ran an easy 5k this morning, it all went nice, but I´ll keep icing the area for some weeks.

The Return:
Here I´d like your opinion. I was thinking of starting with Off Period and then Build up. I need to put my body used to a running routine again and the 30min runs from Off Period look nice. After that, I would start Build up at 75% during the first cycle and then would be ready for the 1h runs of the second cycle. This routine looks a lot like the one after my achilles injury, but at that time I didn´t stay this long without running.

What are your thoughts on this?

MMS

Ps: sorry for the loooong post!

Improving 10k with regular training - TheEd - 31-07-2011

great MMS .. nice to have you considering a program again

take a look at the Build Up schedule and balance what you are able to do, so as to get you going again ..

then after 2 weeks consider a 4k time-trial and we can see about the next level of training

what do you say?

TheEd

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 02-08-2011

Ok.

I´ll keep things easy for the next two weeks and then run a 4k time-trial to see where I stand.

For now I´m not wearing my hr monitor. I hurts to see how high my pulse is after this long pause. :whistle: But I´ll wear it during the trial.

MMS

Improving 10k with regular training - MMS - 08-08-2011

Hi TheEd,

First week behind me and everything went well. Will run a bit longer this week and 4k time-trial this Saturday.

Curious to see how "fast" I´ll go.

Cheers

MMS