Running Information Forums
Sub-45 Here I come. - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub-45 Here I come. (/Thread-Sub-45-Here-I-come)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Sub-45 Here I come. - TheEd - 22-04-2009

runners too tight ... new shoes

at least you have a diagnosis

cheers

TheEd

Sub-45 Here I come. - bmclough - 22-04-2009

Well I wear Saucony which are supposed to have a large toe box. I think I may have worn them with the laces too tight and have since loosened then up more to match older pairs.

Hopefully things improve soon so I can get back to it. Maybe the unplanned rest will benefit training.

Sub-45 Here I come. - bmclough - 22-04-2009

13.7km cycle in 48 mins. Avg HR 135.

My bike is no racer believe me, but it felt like a good work out.

Sub-45 Here I come. - TheEd - 22-04-2009

nice going Lance

just be careful not to pick up knee problems because of the cycling lark

Wink

TheEd

Sub-45 Here I come. - bmclough - 23-04-2009

TheEd Wrote:runners too tight ... new shoes

at least you have a diagnosis

cheers

TheEd

I have been thinking about this and I may opt for a shoe with a larger toe-box just to be extra careful. Will have to switch to a Brooks or Mizuna shoe though as Saucony are 1 size only in terms of width. Sad

Sub-45 Here I come. - bmclough - 28-04-2009

Physio visit 2

The neuroma has clear up between my toes however there is still stiffness and inflammation in the join between my foot and my second toe (the one beside my smallest one). The physio work it really hard last night.

His advice, another weeks rest and get some runner advice as I showed him my Saucony shoes and he felt they looked narrow compared to my foot.

I have been told that Brooks, Mizuna or New Balance are the way to go for someone who requires a larger toe area.

Anyway, no 5 mile race this week, but hopefully I can get back on track for the 10k at the end of may.

Going to stick to the bike this week.

Sub-45 Here I come. - TheEd - 28-04-2009

looks like the shoes may have been the cause of the problem

hopefully it comes right shortly

TheEd

Sub-45 Here I come. - bmclough - 28-04-2009

30 mins on the bike again to work up a sweat :whistle:

Sub-45 Here I come. - bmclough - 05-05-2009

Well Coach, its been a while. I have rested and indulged Smile on the advice of the Physio until today. My foot feels good and the offending runners have been cast away. I am getting a new pair at the weekend but still have an older ones I can use till then. Physio advises an easy 5k tonight and to build from there. I still have one eye on the May 23rd 10k which is a cycle away. I may just build to the long run on Saturday and then have the 1k session on Tuesday. I would hope that I have a maintained most of the fitness built up and that the rest might have been good.

Fingers crossed the foot holds out tonight.

Sub-45 Here I come. - TheEd - 06-05-2009

and and

:mrburns:

TheEd