Running Information Forums
Can i mix running and football? - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Can i mix running and football? (/Thread-Can-i-mix-running-and-football)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 14-05-2010

Hi,
I done my 60 mins easy run last night with no problems and the session before, i done my 5k Paced run at 19.59 or broken down it was 3.51,3.59,4.00,4.11 and 3.58.I struggled a bit in the middle as i started too fast due to misreading my watch at the 500m point, a mistake i will have to avoid in the 10K on Thursday.
Also the run wasnt a "loop" and i had to break my stride a few times when changing direction and probably lost a second or two letting cars turn at road junctions.
Anyway, just a few sessions to go and i'll be going for it on Thursday, i'll let you know how i get on in due time, speak soon, Cheers.

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 15-05-2010

nice Stevie .. enjoy the event next week

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 21-05-2010

Hi theEd,
I done my 10K on Thursday and achieved another p.b. I feel that i've moved up a level now and also that the advice and support you have given me has contributed greatly and im most grateful. When i tell you my time, im expecting a WOW!!!:jester:....i got 40.04 and im absolutely delighted.
I went out in 20.10 and back in 19.54 with a 3.44 last k :great:
Now, back down to earth, the race i ran was part of a series of races and that was the first of the four which i signed up to do.The others are on consecutive Thursday nights and i'd like your advice on how hard to run them and what to do in between please.
Im aware that goin "full out" every week will probably just end in an injury and i've worked too hard to throw it away, so i'll heed your advice.
Thanks again Big Grin (sry cant get that smile away Big Grin )

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 22-05-2010

nice Stevie, the times are truly coming down

congrats on the development

you need to maintain a little 'aerobic' running and therefore 1hr runs in-between the 10km races will be good to maintain with 5km relatively relaxed 2 days before the race

this way you have minimal chance to create problems

hope this is fine?

TheEd

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 22-05-2010

Thanks Ed,
I have to "confess," i ran a 5k today which i know wasn't the best idea and achieved another p.b. I came in at 19.37 which is the first time i've broken the 20 min mark but after Thursday, i knew i was well capable of hitting such time and as i was already attending the free event, i couldnt resist.
I'll do that easy 5K on Tuesday and Rest on Wednesday before Race 2 on Thursday.

If i go sub 40 on Thursday, im just going to run the last two at a lighter pace with my son as i'll feel that i've achieved my target.Next target is a 1:30 half Marathon.

I'll let you know how i go in due course, Thanks.

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 23-05-2010

Big Grin

be careful

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 29-05-2010

Hi Ed, I ran my 10k on Thursday and im delighted to report that i achieved my mission, 39.53 was my time with another strong finish on the last K of 3.41:jive:
I've still got 2 races to run as i told you (part of a 4 race series) so im going to enjoy them then i'll report back to you for advice on increasing mileage to aim for my next target of a 1:30 half marathon, if you have knowledge over that distance:mmm:
I'd just like to say thanks again for all your help and also, to anyone out there reading this,use the 10k training program and stick to it, work hard and you'll achieve your target regardless of your level 100% guaranteed!!:yes:

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 30-05-2010

congrats Steve ... and yes, we can convert a few sessions to assist in prep for a half marathon, the schedule structure is fine to work with

TheEd

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 06-06-2010

Hi Ed,
I done my 3rd race in the series on thursday on a hot night and got 40.39, i decided to run it quite hard as my son didnt run.I ran today (Sun) and done a time on feet of 1hr 31 and covered 11.41 miles.I have one race left (10k) and thats next Sunday, after that im going to "up my mileage" and aim for a 1hr 30 half marathon.Can u give me some info on what i should be doing to prepare for such.
My first half marathon race is on the 1st August and then there is one on the 6th September.Thanks again Wink

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 07-06-2010

Stevie, you only need up the Sunday long run

the 10km schedule otherwise provides all you need for the 21km once you have the long run every 1st Sunday of the cycle

Please ask questions for clarity

TheEd