Running Information Forums
Can i mix running and football? - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Can i mix running and football? (/Thread-Can-i-mix-running-and-football)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 21-09-2010

I wouldn't say it was/wasn't ok...the running has had no effect on it and if i take anti inflamatory tablets then i can still enjoy the run, so back to work at a more serious tone now.....1hr 30m, here i come!! Wink
was looking through the list of runs coming up, theres a kilomathon (26.2k/16m) which i was considering but the date is too soon (a week on Sun) but i'll pick one and train hard for it, cheers.:mrburns:

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 22-09-2010

enjoy .. Wink

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 08-05-2012

Hi Ed, long time, no see, trapped nerve kicked in badly and stopped me running all together for a while but im back running on a regular basis covering approx 20 miles per week. I've not been running "hard" or exerting too much strain on my old body, just for pleasure and a base fitness along with playing football (soccer) twice a week.
So, that said....ive done 10k's in the past and a half marathon and i feel theres one goal i could still realisticly achieve, a marathon.
Im not too fussed about time, just to complete it without stopping, do you think this is possible and how would i go about it "training" i mean.
I'm still doing my 11 mile run at the weekend in around 1hr 35-40mins- just to give u an idea of "where i am" tx Ed and its great to see that the site is still thriving as it was when i last posted.

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 08-05-2012

nice to see a post by you Stevie .. footie taken its toll on the ol' body then Wink

one great thing about a marathon is that you can always walk to finish it if time is not a priority Wink

aerobic training is what is needed to run a marathon

so depending how you can get to do a 20 miler once every 3 weeks on the weekend, you would do well to get to

hope this is a little help

TheEd

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 05-08-2012

Hi Ed, im back running more regularly again and even trying the odd "big effort" run.I've been doing different distances,most of them long runs.i downloaded an app for my phone and it sets different challenges and logs all your efforts which has got me the "bug" again.
Im running at a level that im happy with but dont know how to prep for a marathon.My recent hard runs are, a 1 mile effort in 5.40, a 5k in 20.34 and 10miles in 1:12 but i find that when i try longer runs, i get to 2hrs time on feet and have to stop regardless of pace, any suggestions??

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 06-08-2012

in order to prepare for the marathon you will need to adopt time on feet without pace considerations

which would mean doing at least 3 hr on your feet

you may need to adopt the 'penguin' approach of walk - jog

TheEd