Running Information Forums
Can i mix running and football? - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Can i mix running and football? (/Thread-Can-i-mix-running-and-football)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 29-05-2009

Stevie, you doing well considering the absolute strength of the 10k training program is the 5 x 2000m session

and as of now you up to 4 repetitions, correct?

so definitely place for more improvement via training

TheEd

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 29-05-2009

Hi Ed,
Yes, I agree, the times on my last run show that i can sustain the 4 min/k pace that i require for almost half the race(give or take a few secs) so im going back to hit the road till i feel stronger, i'll keep in touch.Smile

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 30-05-2009

you should aim to increase to 5 x 2000m .. that is only 1 rep more

no need to go hit the road just yet

The 2000m session is the secret and if you had to get used to running 1hr easy on your feet as a supplementary run the improvement will be vast

The 1hr could be done once every 2 to 3 weeks eventually

the results will follow with that subtle change

TheEd

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 03-06-2009

Yes Ed, i hear you, when i sed "hit the road" i meant, back to running and put in the quality sessions.(not actually hittin the road:rofl:, that'd be painful :pmlSmile
I went out last night after work but its really hot here at the moment (UK) so rather than exert myself with the sessions, i ran an easy/moderate 10k at 44mins and enjoyed it. Id rather have done that than "kill myself" in the heat and miss targets but i know whats required and its up to me to do it.
Thx ED. i'll report back in due course Wink

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 03-06-2009

:great:

TheEd

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 13-07-2009

Hi TheEd,
Havent been doing alot of running due to being illSad, i was feeling tired all the time and attended the doctor who took blood and said that my sugar level was low, as was my pulse rate.He got me back a week later and said my low pulse was due to my fitness level and that my sugars were back to normal, putting it down to a virus which had passed through.
Anyway, i've entered for 2 10ks coming up,one on the last Sunday of August and the other a week later.(Paisley and Glasgow)
I've not done much at all so I went out yesterday and done a 10k just to get back into things(not a race,just myself on a measured route) and done it in 46.30 at what felt like a relatively high tempo without trying too hard.
Im not ready to put in the effort for sessions yet and will probably do start them next week, maybe 6x 1k@4 or 3x2k @8mins and see how i feel, what do u think??
p.s. Although i ran 46.30, i feel that i've not lost much as usually on that route when i "try" i do around 44mins, then when i race, i go quicker,last 2 being under 42mins. Thanx 4 your help .

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 15-07-2009

for the future .. rather not start with a 10k after having a break but more a 30 to 40 minute run max .. if you do it by distance it can be quite a killer to start

how are health wise now?

TheEd

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 02-08-2009

Hi Ed,
Recovered from my minor set back but i havent been running much, i done a 5k last week in conditions which werent ideal, got 20.18 and im quite happy with that.Then on Tuesday i was playing football (soccer) and got injured (broken/cracked rib) so im just going to wait and see how i feel after a week or so and try and do what i can by race day,(last Sunday in Aug) and im also registered to run the following week too.I'll let u know how i get on.
Cheers. Smile

Can i mix running and football? - TheEd - 03-08-2009

ouch .. even a bruised rib can be uncomfortable and sore

sleeping becomes a nightmare

recover quick and hopefully we chat soon

TheEd

Can i mix running and football? - Stevie - 14-08-2009

Hi Ed,done a light 10k in total run yesterday at approximately 44-45min pace, runnin easy and chattin with a stop in between,felt ok, was running with a friend who hasn't ran 4 a while and i wasn't tryin to break any records(or any more ribs :jesterSmile so i strolled along to see how the expansion of the lungs and impact of the ground would be...got up today and all's well...no more football till after my runs and i'll c how it goes.I'll keep u posted as to how i go later in the month, thx.Smile