Running Information Forums
My 21k Training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: My 21k Training (/Thread-My-21k-Training)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

My 21k Training - Ciaran - 31-05-2014

So I've been sticking closer to 140 and there were sessions that felt easy and sessions that felt like I had to push myself. I guess that was just general tiredness though.

My last run for the Off Period Training is on Monday. Should I start straight away on Tuesday with the Build-up or should I take a day off before 3 days in a row of 1 hour sessions?

My 21k Training - TheEd - 01-06-2014

you can go straight into the training

Big Grin

TheEd

My 21k Training - Ciaran - 06-06-2014

Hi Ed, I started the training on Tuesday as planned but on Wednesday morning I woke up with awful back pain. Turns out it just muscle stiffness (went to the docs and he hooked me up with the physio. I thought it was just a repeat of what happened a few weeks back and I guess it was, so nothing major) but it has set me back a few days. Since I only did one day of the build up should I just start again tomorrow from day one?

My 21k Training - TheEd - 06-06-2014

are you able to get the main training days onto

Day 3 = Thurs yet?

for this weekend consider a longish run and then next Thurs start on Day3

if your work hours are not suitable, then do Day 3 over the weekend

you balance according to your lifestyle

TheEd

My 21k Training - Ciaran - 06-06-2014

That would mean starting again on Thuesday?

I know I won't be able to do anything next Saturday so if I start again this Sunday coming then next Saturday will be free which is the only thing I can see coming up in the next few weeks.

Should I do that?

My 21k Training - TheEd - 06-06-2014

yes, do that then

get it to work to your rhythm

onwards

TheEd

My 21k Training - Ciaran - 26-06-2014

Hi Ed,

Sorry for not being in touch lately. The problem is that my knees have given me awful pain and discomfort over the last two weeks. The one that had been operated on feels bruised and is quite painful. It's calmed down a bit again but I'm still very wary of it. The other one is still inflamed.

I've gone out on the bike and swam a few times just to be doing something and it's starting to feel much better. But I'm still a little afraid.

I have a docs appointment in July so until then I think I just have to play it by ear. I'll just do my 30 minutes or so when it feels okay but it changes from day to day.

I have a 5km fun run on Sunday and I just have to go and see what happens. If on the morning it doesn't feel good then I'll not bother with it.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

My 21k Training - TheEd - 27-06-2014

have you been doing any exercises to maintain quadricep strength?

hopefully your bicycle saddle is fitted for you etc

hope everything clears up soon

TheEd

My 21k Training - Ciaran - 05-07-2014

Hi Ed.

My bike is fitted right for me so no worries there.

I was able to get out for 3 5km sessions this week and the knees have been okay.

I'm not sure where to pic up from now. My pace has gone way down in the few weeks and I'm also heading away for 2 weeks on Thursday. I will bring my running gear with me but it's a combined work/holiday trip so I'll get in what I can. What sort of sessions should I do over the next few weeks in order to be ready to try and get back on a regular routine from August?

Edit: Also, yes. I've been doing some new exercises to strengthen the lower back and glutes. I've heard that they can really help with regards to the knees.

My 21k Training - TheEd - 01-08-2014

Hi Ciaran, how are you and what did you do to get yourself to August?

TheEd