Running Information Forums
Quiquesubway 10k Training - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Quiquesubway 10k Training (/Thread-Quiquesubway-10k-Training)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Quiquesubway 10k Training - Quiquesubway - 13-06-2009

Hey! Did the fartleks yesterday...went great! Warmed-up longer and so with the cool-down, but average pace was at 3:55
I ran 1 hr today (12.15km)--will rest tomorrow and race on Sunday!

'til then,

:yes:Cheers!

Quiquesubway 10k Training - TheEd - 13-06-2009

Hi Quique, for the future

if you race on a Sunday .. in the final week it will look like this

Thur: 1hr
Fri: Fartlek
Sat: Rest
Sun: Race

Cheers

TheEd
ps.. good luck and enjoy the race

Quiquesubway 10k Training - Quiquesubway - 13-06-2009

Makes sense. Thanks for the tip! I'll get back to you on Sunday night. According to the program I should take a couple of days off before the cooling period. I don't think i can stand four days straight without working out...

Quiquesubway 10k Training - Quiquesubway - 15-06-2009

Hey! How are you? I'm great! Finished 41:52...a lot better than what i was expecting! The race was hard...weather was nice, but there are big hills! Anyways, i felt strong except when i had to climb.

1KM @ 3:58
2KM @ 3:58
3KM @ 3:56
4KM @ 3:46
5KM @ 4:17 (19:55)
6KM @ 4:25
7KM @ 4:12
8KM @ 4:54 (stairway to heaven)
9KM @ 4:11
10KM @ 4:01

For how long should i rest? 3-4 days?

Best regards!

Quique:great:

Quiquesubway 10k Training - TheEd - 15-06-2009

nice going Q

with time and consistent training the strength on hills will improve, we cannot do everything all at once and avoid injuries and sickness at the same time when doing everything

but

once you have completed a build-up period after these cycles you go to a new level

Cheers

TheEd

Quiquesubway 10k Training - Quiquesubway - 15-06-2009

there is a place near my home which is perfect for long runs and it has hills. Every Sunday it's full of running clubs, including the one i'm a member at. Guess i will practice there every Sunday looking for that strength!

Regards and thanks for the thumbs up!!

Q

Quiquesubway 10k Training - Quiquesubway - 19-06-2009

Hey! Hope everything's well.
Prepared my running agenda for the next couple of weeks.
Started today with the cooling down stage and will start the build up on July 1st which will only last 3 weeks not 6. The 20th day is Sunday the 19th...that's when i will run the 4K TT (time trial). After that day i will need your help as to how to determine the pace for my speed works.

Today i ran a bit longer than supposed to and without socks...so it really sucked and now i have blisters!:duh:

Regards,

Q

Quiquesubway 10k Training - TheEd - 19-06-2009

magic stuff .. enjoy the change in routine

TheEd

Quiquesubway 10k Training - Quiquesubway - 28-06-2009

Hi! Hope you're ok! I've been training as supposed. Sometimes for longer periods and at faster pace, but I'm great! Today's my last day on the cool-down and will start the building up phase tomorrow...for 3 weeks!

Question: how to i calculate my pace when asked to run @ 65-75% effort?

I should inform you that i have plans to compete also in a duathlon (run/bike/run) coming soon. Running will continue to be my main priority, but thought I should let you know. I don't have specific date of the event nor i have trained for it. I'm in the process of making a new bike and I will need to get on my trainer a couple of weeks before hitting the road!
Besides, i will not ruin what we have accomplished so far. I will break 40 mins by the end of 2009! That's my goal! Thanks!

Best regards,

Q

Quiquesubway 10k Training - TheEd - 29-06-2009

No problems Q .. running compliments other sports very well

for a rough estimate of your pace for 65-75%

take your current 10k race pace and add 30 to 40 seconds per k

if you racing at 4 minutes per k then do the session at 4.30 to 4.40 per k

this is rough but close enough and it depends on the conditions on the day

Please ask further questions if need be

TheEd