Running Information Forums
Sub 35 - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub 35 (/Thread-Sub-35)

Sub 35 - TheEd - 25-10-2012

more often recommended, not to run but rather swim or cycling but only if this can be done without pain

if this is related to the coccyx then we may still have a number of areas giving off pain, so time is often the best healer

there are exercises that can be done to strengthen the area however we first need to determine the extent of the damage

self treatment of cold & hot can be beneficial as well as compressive strapping to reduce use of the muscle to provide a better environment for healing

let's see what the feedback is over the next few days

during the fell running you may have fatigued the quadriceps during the downhill running (if there was any?) and then this leads to the hamstrings not being supported which leads to a whole host of overuse signals

let me know how things go and for now don't try and maintain training be patient as you do come to a top level of fitness quite quickly, so adhere to less is more

hope this helps

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 29-10-2012

Thanks TheEd.

Went with the less is more option. Took Fri/Sat completely off running and had a really great massage. Yesterday ran 75mins super easy on the flat (only minor niggle - 2/10 at worst - on the adductor) + looong stretching session & self massage, ice, heat.

Easy 60mins today with zero pain Smile so fingers crossed am out of the woods. Going to repeat the build up week again and aim to do the 4k next Sat if all is feeling good.

Cheers,
J

Sub 35 - TheEd - 29-10-2012

Jamie .. don't go anything more than an hour .. fatigue will affect everything .. so train even less than you thought of Wink

if you give yourself a chance you will be ready to roll pretty quickly

enjoy

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 05-11-2012

13:30 in 4k today.

I'd planned to do it on Saturday (after my rest-day on Fri) but unfortunately couldn't fit it in before my long bike-ride. Still - my legs felt reasonably snappy today despite a 17.5k easy run yesterday.

Almost 40s slower than I ran it 2 weeks after my 34:19 in February.. so lots of work to do!

Good news is I'm definitely over the injuries. 73k run last week including 5x8min which I ran at 3:31 avg pace and felt strong. Everything seems in order Smile

I have a league XC race on saturday... so not sure if I should start the 5x2k this Thurs or wait until the week after? Next target 10k road race is Boxing day.

Also - what splits should I start out with on the 2k's?

Thanks!
Jamie

Sub 35 - TheEd - 05-11-2012

good to have you running again even if it is slower at least you on the mend

I wouldn't recommend the 2k before the xcountry and after feedback from that event we can chat about the 2k pace for the session next Thursday

how does that sound?

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 06-11-2012

Sounds like a plan. Thanks TheEd.

Did another 60min easy with last 15mins at 75% today (I've been enjoying that session in the build up). Held 3:27 pace comfortably for the 15mins.

Will go easy tomorrow, then do the 6x1min Fartlek session on Thurs before rest on Fri and race on Sat.

Will get back to you with the results from XC so we can figure out the 2k pacing.

Cheers!
J

Sub 35 - jamieh - 12-11-2012

32:30 for 9.1k XC on Saturday with lots of mud/hills. A painful 59th place but the standard at these division 1 league races is obscene. Most of the runners around me at the finish line were 16/33min guys, so I'm pretty pleased!

Somehow I managed to end up 81kg on race-day which didn't help matters.

Anyway, legs feeling good & no injuries to speak of so I'm keen to kick off with the 2k's on Thurs. Give's me plenty of time to get 2 cycles in before the Boxing Day 10k.

Any thought's on pacing? Given that I'm likely in about 35min shape at the moment, I was thinking of holding steady 7:00's for the first set of 2k's to see how it feels? Then probably 3:20's for the 1k's next week.

Let me know if that makes sense to you.

Cheers,
J

Sub 35 - TheEd - 12-11-2012

makes sense Jamie .. as you know by now, all you need is to have some consistency and the body jumps back into form

hopefully you have no further aches and pains?

Cheers

TheEd
ps.. your weight will probably come down fairly rapidly after the 2k & 1k sessions

Sub 35 - jamieh - 12-11-2012

Great stuff, will let you know how it goes.

And yes, absolutely no aches & pain's. Everything feeling great after a 75k week, followed by a 65k week + XC race.

Sub 35 - jamieh - 15-11-2012

5x2k (R90), Track:

6:51
6:48
6:51
6:53
6:49

Weight: 80kg
Weather: Cool, light wind.

Overall very pleased with the session this morning, one of the more consistent set of 2k's I've done. I was surprised how quickly I was recovering between each rep. Legs felt strong, if a little fatigued... I guess they've never had to carry that much weight around the track at speed before!