Running Information Forums
Sub 35 - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub 35 (/Thread-Sub-35)

Sub 35 - TheEd - 14-01-2012

Nice going J .. I do believe there is a lot more to come from you

look after yourself and enjoy the PB

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 26-01-2012

2k splits (R90, Track)

6:42
6:37
6:39
6:50
6:41

Weather: wet (puddles!), light wind.

Solid improvement on last time. I tried to focus on going out strong and then settling into a rhythm like we talked about.

Feels like I have a new set of legs & not quite worked out how to pace them (I was trying to hit 6:50's all the way...).

Next 10k race is 12th Feb. Have a ski trip 4th-11th which blows the last week of training a little. Hopefully the benefits of a few runs at altitude will compensate for the schedule upset!?

Hope all is well your end.

Cheers,
Jamie

Sub 35 - TheEd - 26-01-2012

nice going .. its about the last week before the race being a little unsettling however at least the last week is normally easy

there will be no benefit to being at altitude, so simply enjoy the holiday

running down to the race it is normally short and fast running

so you should get away with the normal routine

The Tuesday (or around then) faster session can be changed to a fartlek session of your choice

Enjoy

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 28-01-2012

Cool, that all makes sense. Thanks a mil.

One more thing. I'm going to be travelling all day (4am - 6pm) on the Saturday that I should be doing my paced 5k. Would u recommend doing it on the Fri (rest day) instead and then resting on the Sat, or doing it (somehow) on the Sun in the mountains?

Seems like an important session so don't want to screw up the program at this stage!

Cheers,
J

Sub 35 - TheEd - 29-01-2012

The 5k paced would be ideally at the following week's intended race pace, so in your case a 17:20 5k would be ideal

superbly ideal

so when you slot that in is entirely up to you

you could do it on the Friday and then it is out the way

let me know your thoughts

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 29-01-2012

Great, in that case I'll do it on the Friday so can run on the flat and simulate race conditions.

You got it, 17.20.... I like where you're going with that Smile

J

Sub 35 - jamieh - 31-01-2012

6x1k splits (R60, Track).

3:18
3:12
3:11
3:15
3:14
3:11

Weather: COLD (0 deg), 10mph cross wind

Rough session today. I was deep in the hurt box for the last two reps. Legs feeling good under the desk now though, glad to be done with the tough part of this cycle Smile

Sub 35 - TheEd - 31-01-2012

now to take care of yourself .. the hard work is done

enjoy

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 03-02-2012

Paced 5k - 16:56

3:19
3:24
3:19
3:24
3:28

Battersea park: Cold (1 deg), light wind (6mph).

A little frustrated that I couldn't stick to the 17:20 pace. I was aiming too, but there's always a little voice telling me to "give yourself a few seconds buffer for the next k". Then before you know it it's the last k and you've got a 20 second cushion!!

On the plus side I felt pretty relaxed throughout & legs were nice and elastic.

Pace discipline definitely something to work on.

Hope you're well. Will give an update from the mountains next week... running in -20 at 3,600 ft will be interesting.

J

Sub 35 - TheEd - 03-02-2012

you in shape .. you must now do everything to look after yourself in the next week

pace judgement and aspects will come with further experience

maybe you need for 16:56 to become your next half way split after the next race Wink

onwards and forwards

TheEd