Running Information Forums
Sub 35 - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub 35 (/Thread-Sub-35)

Sub 35 - TheEd - 29-08-2013

no need to worry about the marathon now .. hear what I say

the training you do now (this weekend) does not have any affect on your current fitness

the training you did on the camp only begins to kick in now

the race (sprint tri) result was a result of your 'ability' and not because of the training at the camp

you have always had a 'problem' balancing things and realising your ability

try keep it all together over the next few weeks without adding too much expectation to what you must do at worlds

turn up .. switch on .. race

in-between do the small things to keep ticking over .. you do NOT need any further confidence building or major training 'bangs'

but instead need to do the sessions which can add to your current fitness levels without having a negative affect

today's session is towards the worlds

10k is the distance, no need to currently run over 1hr

please ask further questions

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 30-08-2013

No further questions... this is exactly what I needed to hear Smile

Thanks as always.

Sub 35 - TheEd - 30-08-2013

grand .. enjoy the weekend

Sub 35 - jamieh - 02-09-2013

Just wondered if you had any thought's on sessions for this week. I did easy 10k Sat, easy 15k yesterday with a few fartlek peices + easy 10k today. Legs great.

Considering the 3x1600's at some point this week to keep things ticking over. Maybe Weds. Nothing crazy, just at planned 5k pace (3:15ish). Does that make sense?

Also do you think I should go for a paced 5k on Sat, given that I'll be racing the Aquathlon on Weds? Maybe aiming for a comfortable 17mins. Or is that to risky?!

J

Sub 35 - TheEd - 04-09-2013

apologies, thought I had replied to this

I wouldn't consider a 5k at that pace, though what you could do is run 3k @ 10k pace and then accelerate to 5k pace over the last 2k

that would be less taxing in the wrong direction

TheEd

Sub 35 - jamieh - 05-09-2013

Hey hey,

Ended up getting a spot of food poisoning (nothing serious) on Tues so took a couple of easy recovery days to be safe.

Popped to the track today for 3x1600 off 3mins. Was v. hot (25+ degrees) & nice light wind, but had a great session.

5:10
5:09
5:12

I wouldn't call it 'easy' but leg's felt good and elastic & weight is solid at 76.5kg.

If legs feeling great on Sat I will go for the 5k as you say (5k pace for the last 2k). But if any fatigue I won't push it as everything seems to be in order!!

Cheers,
J

P.S congrats on the 3:51 Smile

Sub 35 - jamieh - 16-09-2013

Hey TheEd,

Bronze in 25-29 cat at World Tri Champs yesterday, 6th fastest amateur over all Smile

76kg on the start line.

I was in the hurt box from the start. Hammered the swim (which was halved to 750m due to 'cold' water) and made it onto the bike top-5. Had that relaxed feeling in my upper body again & gave the pedals absolutely everything to stay with the leaders... all the while keeping 'recovery' in the back of my mind like we talked about. Legs were broken for first strides of run but I stuck with it and miraculously, after about 1.5k of agony, started to recover and found a great rhythm... confidently letting guys pass then reeling them back in. Last 600m (for the first time ever) I found another gear and then (even more uniquely) ANOTHER gear and some 'killer instinct' for a massive sprint in last 75m, taking the bronze by a few seconds! 34:50 for the twisty 10k.

Absolutely thrilled with the result. Particularly after a frustrating Aquathlon Worlds earlier in the week due to a wetsuit zip malfunction in transition costing me 40s and any hope of a podium.

Anyway, I wanted to thank you again for all your help over the past 18 months, no way I'd have got to this level without it.

A week in Portugal to relax now (OK of course I have my runners...Wink) before I start prep for the marathon on Oct 20th.

J

Sub 35 - TheEd - 17-09-2013

congrats on this Jamie .. you should be well pleased

now, any chance of us getting the sub 16 for 5k before the end of this season Wink

please contact me on Skype to chat about the marathon, as you may find I have something interesting to discuss

Cheers

TheEd
ps.. enjoy Portugal

Sub 35 - DRUS - 17-09-2013

Congratulations Jamie!

I've enjoyed seeing your progress and fast times on the forum. Sub-35 at the end of a tri is impressive! One day I hope to reach that mark for a straight 10km. With a PR of 38:09 I've got a bit of work to do, but this program (and TheEd) is certainly helping me in the right direction.

Good luck with the marathon preparations.

David

Sub 35 - jamieh - 23-09-2013

Thanks a lot, DRUS! Very cool to hear that my ups & downs have been helping out fellow runners through this site. Best of luck with the program. Stick with TheEd's advice and the only way is up Smile