Running Information Forums
Sub 35 - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub 35 (/Thread-Sub-35)

RE: Sub 35 - TheEd - 08-07-2019

Hi Jamie, was that something Smile

RE: Sub 35 - jamieh - 08-07-2019

(08-07-2019, 06:59 AM)TheEd Wrote: Hi Jamie, was that something Smile

Started writing and got side tracked!

I like the site upgrade - it's like moving from MSDOS to XP Wink

So! Here we go again. I took 6 weeks jogging after the marathon mainly due to life stuff. We are moving out of London to Bristol (more space etc - should be great).

I'd like to run a Sept 21k and Oct Marathon push towards 1:12, 2:30. I'm taking a few months not working (full time dad) while we move to the new city so should be able to put the time in.

I did a 3 week build up and kicked off with some civilised 2ks on Thursday (7:03, 7:00, 6:59 6:55, 6:49) and a nice long run yesterday. 100k for the week. 

1k's tomorrow and was thinking I'll just see how it feels again vs. any expectations on time.

I've not been swimming or biking and don't plan too (except for recovery) so should be able to get light without those muscles (I'm 77kg now - even with some excess fat).

RE: Sub 35 - TheEd - 08-07-2019

Great to hear from you Jamie

how would you like to run Tallinn Half in September Wink

wife will be running the half there and we will be covering the event

your 2k session looks impressive .. if you able to get the long run going every 3 weeks and roll things out it should set-up nicely with 6 weeks to go before marathon

over to you

TheEd
ps.. yes, the forum upgrade was way overdue and still a lot to do, had to upgrade 5 to 6 different forums, so had to find a solution .. now to add various aspects and design

RE: Sub 35 - jamieh - 25-07-2019

Hi there,

My wife and I discussed Talin, but given how much travelling we are doing this year I think it's a little too far! Maybe next year as it does look great and I would love to visit the city.

Things are continuing in the right direction. 1k's were very tough 2 weeks back but I did them on a hilly off-road trail so varied 3:20-3:40. I then did the paced 5k in 17:15 on road.

400s felt great last week (started at 80s and gradually dropped to 70s without too much trouble) and I did Bushy Park run as race day on Saturday and was pleased with a 16:43 in the heat:

3:18
3:14
3:26
3:16
3:27

I then ran straight home (11k) at a very steady 3:50/km feeling very good indeed.

The race dates meant a free week this week so haven't done too much structure. Just keeping sharp and continuing to bring the weight down. I had a bit of a stiff  bigtoe - hallux limitus - which I am working on with my physio, better over the past few days.

Looking forward to kicking off a new cycle next week and will keep you posted on the 2k's.

Jamie

RE: Sub 35 - TheEd - 26-07-2019

Wow Jamie, looks like you have truly flowed into the training quite well

there is always next year for Tallinn events Smile

onwards

TheEd
ps.. busy with new responsive style Wink

RE: Sub 35 - jamieh - 08-08-2019

Hey there,

All going well so far. I ended up having a free week before kicking off the first of two cycles for the Sept half marathon, so I did a local half marathon last weekend. Pleasantly surprised with a 1:16:40 on a pretty hilly course (~180M) and very hot (25+), also got onto the podium (3rd) which was nice!

After a few days recovery I kicked off the 2k's today on 2km stretch of road with a slight gradient (+15m per 2k)

6:46, 6:38, 6:38, 6:39, 6:34 getting the HR up to about 166 on the last one.

Planning a marathon paced 10 miles on Saturday followup up by a proper long run (30+) on Sunday.

Thanks,
Jamie

RE: Sub 35 - TheEd - 09-08-2019

Hi Jamie, have you decided on a race yet?

TheEd

RE: Sub 35 - jamieh - 09-08-2019

Bristol Half Marathon Sept 15th (this our new home city!) followed by Abingdon Marathon Oct 20th. Also looking to find a 10k in the build up!

RE: Sub 35 - TheEd - 12-08-2019

great stuff Jamie .. how has your recovery been after the 30k long run?

onwards

TheEd

RE: Sub 35 - jamieh - 12-08-2019

Recovery good! I switched the marathon paced 10 miles for a social paced 10k in the end. 30k went very well and 90k in total for the week which is the most for a while. Easy run today ready for the 1k's tomorrow - will keep you posted.