Running Information Forums
Sub 35 - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: Sub 35 (/Thread-Sub-35)

RE: Sub 35 - jamieh - 27-10-2019

The plantar was very sore the day after the Tuesday session so I saw a physio (had some shockwave therapy) and took 3 days off stretching/icing. Was still a little tender this morning so I didn't risk racing on it. Did an easy run with a bit of pace in the middle to test and it's definitely feeling better. 5x1mile planned again with the group on Tues which I'll join only if it's painless, otherwise I'll be going easy for the week.

RE: Sub 35 - TheEd - 28-10-2019

Hi Jamie, hopefully everything is fine and OK to proceed

onwards

TheEd

RE: Sub 35 - jamieh - 29-10-2019

4x1 mile off 90s this evening on the road loop...

4:56
4:56
5:00
4:55

I thought maybe a slight cold was brewing (some coughing and muddy head today) but super pleased with the session. Fast group of guys again but this time I wasn't last on every rep. Good improvement (5+s) on the same session last month even with 30s less rest after each rep! HR hit high 170s and weight steady at 75kg.

Foot is better but still want to keep a close eye on it. Lots of stretching and icing. Starting to think I need to find a race while this fitness is here. There is a fast 5k park run (Cardiff) so considering trying to get some of the guys to do it next weekend. I'm also starting a new job on Monday so increased stress in that first month or so will potentially impact things.

RE: Sub 35 - jamieh - 02-11-2019

Ok - finally have a target race, 10k road race on Dec 8th. There are 100+ sub 33 min guys entered so should be plenty to keep me on my toes.

RE: Sub 35 - TheEd - 04-11-2019

Nice Jamie .. how the niggles, all ironed out?

Cheers TheEd

RE: Sub 35 - jamieh - 05-11-2019

Not quite. I'm working on it with physio but it's pretty deep plantar fasciitis so will take a few weeks I think. It's improving but I'll keep volume down and focus on hitting the quality sessions + recovery.

RE: Sub 35 - TheEd - 06-11-2019

Hi Jamie, have you looked at taping?

cheers TheEd

RE: Sub 35 - jamieh - 09-11-2019

I hadn't looked at taping... but am I now! Had another physio session today and asked him to tape it at the end to see if allows me to heal faster. It's now taped up so I'll give it a spin tomorrow.

This week has been a bit of a non week. Foot was sore after 21k easy on the mud/trails last Sunday so I took Mon/Tues off (also first days at work so made sense). I picked up a cold and wasn't sleeping much, but tried 2k's on Weds but had to quit after 2 (6:30, 6:23) as was feeling terrible. Thurs was feeling better after a great sleep and did 15k easy. Foot better but still a little sore so have rested since then (physio today).

Planning and easy run tomorrow/Monday then 1k's with the guys on Tuesday (for once the programs coincide!).

RE: Sub 35 - TheEd - 09-11-2019

Just be careful Jamie, better safe than sorry

a slow on we go Smile

TheEd

RE: Sub 35 - jamieh - 12-11-2019

6x1k, first 3 off 65s, last 3 off 75s

3:09
3:04
3:00
3:01
3:01
2:59

Good session tonight! Keeping up with the guys (although a few of them did 8...). The route was quite technical with some cobbles, lots of curbs, a tight turn and a few ramps so very happy with the pace.

Foot seems to be improving. The taping has definitely helped and seems to be allowing me to run pain free. Still sore in the morning or after sitting for a long time but on the right track.