Running Information Forums
A new goal - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: A new goal (/Thread-A-new-goal)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

A new goal - IamWill - 08-06-2012

Hi TheEd,

Yes, the build up program is definitely something I'll try, but I think I'll do that during my summer holidays starting after 7th of July. No track close to the place where I spend my summer, but enough forest trails.

30 September is the Singelloop, it's a fast course: Leonard Komon ran his 10k road WR there in 2010. I'd like to aim at sub-36 then. I have almost 4 months to get 42 seconds of my current PR of 36:41. Doable? I think so....

My plan for the next 7 weeks is
1st week of 10k program
3rd week of 10k program
1st week of 10k program
3rd week of 10k program
3 weeks of build up
& then see where i'm at...

Let me hear what you think?!

Will

A new goal - TheEd - 08-06-2012

OK .. lets look to get the next 2 weeks out the way .. race and after that see where we stand

enjoy

TheEd

A new goal - Albert83BCN - 09-06-2012

Nice going IamWill, we have the very same expectations for the next months until September comes, keep going! :great:

A new goal - IamWill - 10-06-2012

@TheEd sure, let's do that!

@Albert thanks, good luck with your goal too! I really want to get to 35:xx, it just sounds so much better than 36:xx Wink

A new goal - IamWill - 12-06-2012

wanted to do 5*2k today, but work called and I had to stop after 4*2k:noway:. I was aiming for a 3:40-3:45 pace.

Splits:
1. 7:35
2. 7:13
3. 7:21
4. 7:25

My legs felt good thoghu. A bit of an ache in my right hip afterward, but that's what I'm trying to straighten out with the core stability exercises.

My best,

Will

A new goal - TheEd - 12-06-2012

Hi Will .. with the hip problems, look to do the ITB stretch to assist .. hopefully that helps avoiding further problems

please keep me informed

ps.. you should not have done the 2k session today (especially after a race) but should have waited to do the 6 x 1k Thursday .. now we need to rehab you to get the best results

TheEd

A new goal - IamWill - 13-06-2012

Hm, I thought we agreed to 1st and 3rd week of the cycle before the race on 22nd of June... The race was last Wednesday, so enough rest, I started Sunday the 10th with 75 minutes easy, did 30 minute easy on Monday and 2k's yesterday. My plan is thus rest today and a long run tomorrow...

The hip is not much of an issue, it does not give me real pain, it's just an instability I'm trying to fix to prevent that it will cause me pain in the future. I just need to do my exercises consistently No Rehabbing necessary, if it causes real trouble, I'll tell.

My best,

Will

Of course I can still do the 6*1 on Thurday:mmm: and then the long run after that:jester:

A new goal - TheEd - 13-06-2012

Hi Ian .. if you note the first week, the 5 x 2k session is normally on the Thursday .. most important to have the recovery after the hard run of the weekend

Thursday can be a steady run .. 30 minutes with the last 10 minutes quicker

feedback thereafter and we see how everything is

Cheers

TheEd

Ok, i'll do it like that! Thanks for your advice!

PS. My name is not Ian, but I can imagine the confusion with all the threads here...