Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 17-09-2009

TheEd,

Cautiously run a hilly 4 miler on own today - no-one at work to go with. Felt good to be out for first 1.5 miles - felt light on feet, felt in control and checking for knee, all OK. After a mile downhill turned back along loop for remaining 2 miles which was a steady gradient all way back - H/rate creep kept under control with a little walk/run - took in the scenery and generally felt glad to be out - good stretch after, knee all OK.

Still on the DIY so going to keep taking it easy till all the extra work on weekday evenings dies down - have got a 10k on October 11th - really want to run this. Any suggestions for tomorrow? Same run, different direction?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 18-09-2009

Hi D .. consider a run tomorrow

same again should be a fine remedy

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 18-09-2009

Hi TheEd,

Didn't pick up your last message till this eve, ended up going out at lunch and did the above, slow and easy trot, off road track, some hills - knee all good.

Got a lot DIY on the agenda for tomorrow - fancy doing a long run on Sunday, haven't done one for what feels like an age. 60 mins easy or something?

Need to start picking things up for the 10K on Oct 11th - what you say about day off tomorrow and 60 mins on Sunday?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 20-09-2009

Hi D .. u can't just pick things up as this will certainly lead to further complications

be patient for the next 5 days and run up to 8 km every 2nd day to see how you go, before pushing up to 1 hr

caution is best

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 20-09-2009

Hey TheEd,

Your right - I realise I cant just step it up, just wishing I was putting in the training I was earlier in the summer - I miss the speed work...

I went out this morn to see how I felt for a long run - had a couple of drinks last night, 4 beers. Thought I could use the run to burn them off.

Felt good, light on feet and strong on the hills, kept Hrate at easy. Stopped at 40 mins for a stretch - wasn't doin much sweating - must be the alcohol - anyhow carried on to total 55 mins/10.3Km/131 Avg Hrate.

Didn't read your suggestion on 8km every other day till just now - so will follow this after days rest tomorrow. Will keep you updated,

Thanks for replying,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 20-09-2009

good stuff .. hope the DIY went OK

Laters

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 23-09-2009

Hi TheEd,

Went out on a test run for a local 10Km fun race with our local running club organised for Oct 11th. Some of us just run and some novices came round. Its quite flat but it was windy. Tried to run a decent easy pace but it didn't happen due to lack of sleep since weekend.

Went round in 50:11 - H/rate 144. Felt like a w/up really; was dried out and it felt like it was more of a conditioning w/out for my legs. Felt strong though, just no pace. We're doing it again next Tuesday.

No running today, biked to work and did a core w/out at lunch.

8Km's tomorrow, Trail/Woods route?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 23-09-2009

This sounds quite comfortable and sensible

by the sounds of it you may have got over the bad hump

8k tomorrow sounds tasty

Enjoy

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 24-09-2009

Hi TheEd,

Distance: 8km
Route: Woods, track
HRate: 130bpm

Were aching from biking to work over last two mornings and think Tues 10.5Km run caught up with me and has added to soreness. Took this one easy, in control but a bit wobbly after half way, kept Hrate down with some nose only inhale/exhale - have you tried that? Its seems to work for me, it was lowering my Hrate by 4-5bpm's when it started creeping on some of hilly sections...

Rest tomorrow - What about Sat? 8Km again or dare I say....some speed work?!

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 27-09-2009

Hi TheEd,

Just 5.5Km easy today due to DIY in b/room...its nearly done!

Running club tomorrow night (Monday). Prob end up doing 5 or 6 miles. Will try hard to do it all easy pace.

There's another test 10k run on Tuesday - might try and do this with some sort of structured intensity/interval?

Apart from this what do you recommend next?

Cheers,

D