Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 28-03-2010

sub 50 certainly not overtly ambitious .. so a good thing

as for club run .. keep it cool so we can consider a session Wednesday - Thursday

nice

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 29-03-2010

TheEd,

Mon report:

Bike to work and back. (7miles)

PM: Run club - Raining hard, biked to sports centre. Run was mostly stop/start over 1-2Km's, prob 10Km all in all. Some tough, sharp hills. Struggled keeping Hrate down at points, however was a joy to be out with a group of 25 peps. Hrate avg 129bpm. Quite low considering prob due to letting the watch run at stop points.

All day were feeling quite jaded and did anticipate feeling the 'fatigue' factor. Did feel this at first but it disappeared. Annoyed after as bike had puncture and had to walk home in the heaving rain :duh:

Was going to do an easy 4 miler tomorrow although might give a miss and rest legs as the surf is up. However there is heavy rain forecast so might not get in at all. Will see how feel and update,

Catchup soon,

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 30-03-2010

Hey TheEd,

Y/Day run must have hit system hard, struggled to get up this morn and struggled all day with concentration. Very very tired. Biked to work.

Have a slight mid-back strain as well. Went to gym to have a stretch to see about back, had planned to do a light core session. After some stretch back seemed better, did the core sessions and some stretching. Felt slightly energised afterwards for couple of hours.

No surfing as so very tired. Not sure whether this lack of energy is down to diet. Have cut bread out to a small degree. Might need to hit the potato's and see result, might just been a 'turning point' in energy levels?

Early night tonight and then if energy levels are up to anything were thinking of a easy 4miler tomorrow at lunch after y/day evenings mixed paced outing. Was thinking about a surf straight after but will see if weather holds out.

Do you feel there's enough time before end of week for an interval session in prep for Sundays 10km?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - Newsroom - 30-03-2010

best not to D .. some aerobic running for now

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 30-03-2010

TheEd,

I reckon my recent delayed recovery might be a lack of sleep issue - I am going to trial getting 7.5 hours without fail every night for rest of week to see if improves situ.

Easy run tomorrow,

D

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 31-03-2010

Hi TheEd,

Sleep test proved significant - got 7.5 hrs and felt better for it. Not fully recovered, but had a slight edge this morning.

Biked to work. Was going to run the 4miler at lunch, but didn't feel like it and the surf report was predicting the last good day for some time so took the plunge, taking the afternoon off.

Turns out surf was rubbish, wind messing it up. Ended being a paddling session, great for shoulders. Couldnt get motivated to stay in long. Out after 1hr15min. Was a light/medium effort, was probably just what needed. Feel relaxed this evening.

Another early'ish tonight. What should I try tomorrow? 4miler easy or maybe a 5.5miler through woods? I could tempo the 4miler and see if I can beat a PB on this route? Or do the 5.5miler easy?

What say you?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 31-03-2010

an easy run as you considering the 10km the weekend

Smile

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 01-04-2010

TheEd,

Run@12:00:

Route: 6 miles, v.windy, + hills. Went with work colleague.
Effort: Stead/Med - Avg Hrate 136bpm
Time: 50:57

Last mile uphill, tough, had to use 2/1 breathing, OK though, needed this run and pleased with level of effort to get thorugh it as it was exceptionally wind, gusts up 20-25mph! Made me realise how much stamina I have locked away - it just needs unlocking. It helped running with old colleague; we've done a lot of training last few years so all good.

Afterwards hit gym for stretch and then some upper body work for surfing. Felt it this afternoon, for once feel like I've done some real training!

Was thinking of doing 3miles tomorrow: 1mile w/up, 1 mile at 10km pace then 1 mile easy. Rest Sat, run Sun, sounds like a good idea?

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 01-04-2010

that's a safe bet for tomorrow but try to be kind to yourself and not bust the gut on Sunday Wink

seems as though you over the bump of earlier this week

caution after Sunday to be noted

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 02-04-2010

TheEd,

No run today - way too tired from y/day. Def needed to rest.

Do you think I should do what I suggested y/day for tomorrow instead? 1mile w/up, 1mile fast, 1mile easy?

From the recent 4km time trial and subsequent pace of 4:30/km, do you feel it would be an idea to aim for thi space during Sundays race? Or somewhere near it and see how I get on? I dont plan to try and beat this pace, just use as a guide to guage my effort. Look forward to hearing your response.

Btw - have you beenin getting the miles in?

Cheers,

D