Running Information Forums
10K Training Program Question - Printable Version

+- Running Information Forums (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Training Zone (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-The-Training-Zone)
+--- Forum: 10K Training Feedback (https://www.time-to-run.com/forums/Forum-10K-Training-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 10K Training Program Question (/Thread-10K-Training-Program-Question)

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 17-08-2010

TheEd,

Thanks for the kind words - my missus doesn't realise what's she missing! Oh well, plenty more fish in the sea.

Got out at lunch:

6km/34:06/5:42per km avg, no Hrate mon

Were tired from a series of late nights, need to turn
this around from tonight onwards - if well recovered tomorrow will try a 45-50 mins Easy...

Will update tomorrow,

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 18-08-2010

'voorspoed'

forward speed and blessings for the journey

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 18-08-2010

Hey TheEd,

Better nights sleep however didnt fancy running today as somewhat still tired so did a swim session this evening instead as the club has switched nights for the moment from Mon to Wed.

Should feel good for a run in the morn - hoping to get head down at good time tonight.

Concious am already slipping on the 19-day cycle which started Mon - what should I do tomorrow? 30-45 mins easy or dare I try the 4x2Km?

Suppose I could re-approach the 19-day cycle for next Tues? And just get on top of things first with a few Easy's? Theres some swell for surf coming in on Fri AM as well so might be best to just tread some water, literally!!!!....Confusedurf:

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 19-08-2010

you could consider doing 3 x 2k as the harder running may suit you .. consider a 2 minute Rest

hope all works out

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 19-08-2010

Hey TheEd,

Managed to find the focus and enough energy to try the 3x2km. Howeve fell short and only managed 2!!! Was way too tired and after no.2 I had stop due to toilet needs...!

Splits:

1 - 8:20
2 - 8:36

The 2 km route is grassy and uphill 0-0.75km-its a tough rep but very useful.

Oh well at least I tried! Will pick up the long easy, up to 1.5hrs run Sat and hopefully slip back in sync with the cycle-will keep you posted,

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 22-08-2010

good to do a little quicker running, so take the positives out of it

onwards and forwards

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 22-08-2010

Hey TheEd,

Managed to get out last night:

7km/38:06/123AvHR/5:31per km

This was after a good 6 hours on feet all day sanding dining room floor. Were thinking that with the DIY thrown in it make me up to the 1.5hrs Easy run that was scheduled (Day 5)? Realise its not getting the miles in on the feet as suchm just thinking about from an energy management point of view.

Were thinking of doing a 30 mins Easy this eve as have to finish off DIY. Will keep things ticking over. Likewise for tomorrow and then pick up the 6x1Km on Tues.

Or shall I just restart the whole 19-day cycle from Tues? Ive not race commitments at the moment so could do exactly that...?

Cheers

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 22-08-2010

continue with the idea of doing the 6 x 1km on Tuesday .. just don't attach performance as important and focus more on routine

the routine will give your day a sense of perspective without needing to look at the result

enjoy

TheEd

10K Training Program Question - Hyperspace - 24-08-2010

Hey TheEd,

Mon: 33 mins waddle, 6.2km, quite tired from weekend Diy, however felt strong and breezed round till last 5mins

Tues: 4x1km 90s rest-were vtired this morn so dropped reps and increased rest-worked just right-were mostly pacing between 3:45-4:15-course circuit was two loops with 50% climb 50% downhill with hefty breeze!

Onwards and upwards! There some Surf coming in
tomorrow so might get in, Will prob skip 30mins easy
tomorrow and pick up the 1hr easy on Thurs...

Will proceed with caution...

Cheers,

D

10K Training Program Question - TheEd - 24-08-2010

the pace for the 1000's are still there, so rightly proceed with caution and kindness to yourself

a pat on the back from yourself will go a long way Smile

onwards and forwards

TheEd